Hello from new member

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

Very happy to be joining your excellent forum. I am a retired Lancastrian still living in the north-west of England..

I've come to airsoft late in life - too late sadly,  as I am too old now to be much good to anybody in a skirmish and would probably not be accepted at a site.

After years shooting airguns, I have come to prefer airsoft for the following reasons:

Although I regularly attend an indoor airgun shooting range where all types of gas guns are allowed, I also like to shoot at home. 6mm bbs may not be as accurate as lead pellets but they are a lot safer and acceptably accurate at 10 yards.

Airsoft pistols and rifles are much more realistic than airguns, and there are far more models available.

I already have my first gun - an Armorer Works HIcapa Custom with blue slide, and red barrel and magazine well. It really stands out :D, but I am restricted to two tone guns because I don't have an UKARA number. Although  I would love to take part in airsoft games - CQB in particular - I am too old and slow to be of much use to any team. If the owners of airsoft sites ever decided to lay on games for older people, I would jump at the chance to compete with other people at a more sedate pace. Maybe one day.

My main interest is in pistols and guns I am interested in include the WE Gen 4 Glock 17 and SA XDM full size, the KJW P226 and the CZ75.

However I would also like eventually to get a gbb rifle, and the one that ticks my boxes at the moment is the KJW Version 2 M4 CQB. I believe the GHK G5 is probably a better gun for skirmishing, but sadly that is not an option for me. 

Anyway I am looking forward to joining the discussions and benefitting from your knowledge and expertise.

• Supporters

Trust me , you are definitely not to old. There is a guy down here near us who is 76 and still plays, and he is bluddy good. 

While us young uns run in guns blazing, he tactically and slowly makes his way to a good spot and uses his infinite patience to his advantage.

You play the sport however you want, it doesn’t matter, as long as your having fun, what can anyone say?

You will be more of an asset to a team than that arrogant pillock who thinks he is Rambo.

Welcome to the forum mate :)

Just like the others, I have seen some old guys at my site And I'm pretty sure I have read on these forums of people playing in wheelchairs or with other disabling features? I think it's on the thread about the lad with Marfans, will double check)
I'm on the young side of airsoft (20 years old) and I barely do any running around regardless of where I am. And I very rarely see others running.

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Trust me , you are definitely not to old. There is a guy down here near us who is 76 and still plays, and he is bluddy good. 

While us young uns run in guns blazing, he tactically and slowly makes his way to a good spot and uses his infinite patience to his advantage.

You play the sport however you want, it doesn’t matter, as long as your having fun, what can anyone say?

You will be more of an asset to a team than that arrogant pillock who thinks he is Rambo.

And I do agree with this ^
All the youtube videos you see of people running usually do it a lot, but what the camera never shows is the people wandering around at their own pace, and enjoying the sport their way :)

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome.

And thanks for giving me hope. It never occured to me that a seventy year old would even be allowed on a site.

The nearest to me is the Bunker in Swinton Manchester where they seem to do mainly CQB. I think I might get in touch.

Thanks again. :)

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

I for one am glad to see a variety of ages on the field. As others have mentioned you'd be more than welcome at any site you decide to visit. The Airsoft community are some of the best folks I've met so I wouldn't worry about not fitting in. 

I would recommend a TM Glock or 1911 Hi-Capa if you're interested in pistols and are looking for something that will perform well. 

• Supporters

My usual CQB game-buddy has busted knees and plays a walking game.  It just means that he gets to spot where the charge-the-machine-guns heroes are getting shot from.  If you can go for a gentle walk in the woods, you can play airsoft.

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

My usual CQB game-buddy has busted knees and plays a walking game.  It just means that he gets to spot where the charge-the-machine-guns heroes are getting shot from.  If you can go for a gentle walk in the woods, you can play airsoft.

Completely agree, the pace can be entirely dictated by the individual, often to benefit.

go at your own pace and have fun, we’re all just going out to play anyway 

Maybe consider the Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBB rifle? Ticks quite a few boxes in terms of realism, reliability and accuracy. Comes complete with bonus if being absolutely  'skirmishable'. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Archived