AEP Upgrades

richmt11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What’s up Airsofters,

so im looking to upgrade my CM 030 aep.

inwas frustrates the weekend it wasn’t working nicely, was breaking bbs and intermittently firing. The hop was only full on wasn’t it! I’m sure I checked it a few times and realised when i got home.

anyway. People talking about any 370 frame RC Motor will do for an upgrade. I’m I just really looking to upgrade to 30k / 40k Motor or is there a specific specification I should be looking for? Prices range widely so it’s a £10 Motor on eBay going to be an upgrade or should I be dropping 20-30 on some flashy looking branded one?

Also so where’s best to get cylinders pistols springs etc for aeps?

cheers

rich

Best place for cyma030 upgrades is eagle6. Not sure what there stock is like nowadays but that's where I got mine. Motors I couldn't find anything, if you find anything that fits let me know!

• Supporters

Yup, the Eagle6 stuff for TM AEPs fits, or at least the spring I bought did.  However, the full power one felt like it was going to blow the gearbox apart just getting it in, so I wimped out and cut it down a bit.  Then a bit more as the response was squeeze, whirrrrrrrrrrrr, pew.

It's making 220fps with 0.2g (0.45J), now up from the stock 200 (0.37J).  The motor heats up noticeably on auto and the hop consistency isn't great even with / because of a flat hop.  And yes, mine is also prone to creeping more hop on until it sputters or jams.

I'm minded to think that the best performance would be obtained by not fiddling with it at all.  But where's the fun in that? ;)

Yeh sometimes things are best left stock until they break and you have to go in.

But I’m one of those “might as well as I’m going in there” kind of guys. And I have myself a Lipo and jefftron mosfet to go in. So while I’m in the more I’m considering replacing the motor to pull up trigger response. And spring for a bit more fps. I don’t want to chuck loads into compression improvements as it is my backup/sidearm and will not be used other than room clearing or if I need fast transition. Generally will not be firing on full auto I don’t expect.

but any cheap / free mods which will up compression id like to do for sure.

Do not use Eagles 6's biggest spring,use the next one down..

Mine has a lipo,new gear set,corrected aoe and laylax spring..fps 240 but rpm is very good..

• Supporters

Are you chaps running your Lipos inside the gun?  If so, which ones are you using?

I doubt that I'll throw any more money or time at my CM.123, but I do quite fancy getting a 127 or 030 and having a stab at turning it into a practical primary for CQB.  A lot of that will be trigger response, as folk can have a sneaky peek and get their heads back in before I've even got a shot off. :angry:

240fps from the Laylax sounds great.  That's likely about what I was getting after my first chop of the Eagle6 spring, but the stock Nimh (or motor, or gearbox) wasn't really up to it.  Oh, the stock nylon bushes in mine have a fair bit of play, so I'd probably want to replace those too.

The issues I've seen is where the Eagle 6 big spring is too big and needed chopping as above.

I always smiled with claims of 300 fps from a std G18 clone,

Cm's are available cheap from TG and allowed us to experiment,gears from Ebay IIRC.

Batteries use the small red connectors and last for a long while,I have 6 std mags and 2 extended.

That is my video on youtube where you commented Rog...I was in disguise btw....

2ni79fq.jpg

For anyone looking at the 030, seeing as most are out of stock. I got mine from airsoft spare parts . Com (I think? Just google it for link). They have the 030 in stock at £55 then it’s £13 EU shipping. Whilst ordering I got my Jefftron micro mosfet while I was there.

i also have the Lipos @snuff mentioned. Got 2 ready to use.

and thanks for that vid snuff! I watched it a few tiles. I decided on the 030 as it looks more accurate to the real gun. Not that I’m going for realism on an aep! It’s nice it comes pretty much unbranded (except for a made in China bit), as I’ll laser engrave trades on while I’m working on it.

Also I can’t see gears on Eagle6 where can I get some faster gears? I searched Ebay and it returned some but can’t see if they are high speed or just replacements?

Archived