i need help from anyone in portsmouth

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm really after to get into pounds yard- the place where the old submarines were and the the lct's and landing crafts and stuff near three greyhound stadium so I can take photos and stuff.

Question is, does anyone know how to get access to it or how to get in?

Thanks

Any help really appreciated,

Marcus

Think you will find the subs have all gone matevas i live in pompey and im sure they are gone. Getting in may be a mission as they may think ure afyer scrap. My guess is no chance especialy as the subs have all gone.

I know the subs are gone.but there are still other things.there, the crane and stuff, I just want photos lol.

Anyone got Amy idea how to contact the owmer

Art student? ;)

Are there any contact details in/by the yard? Like on the gates?

Failing that, try yellow pages or google.

• Supporters
Art student? ;)

Are there any contact details in/by the yard? Like on the gates?

Failing that, try yellow pages or google.

Yup:)

im gonna go down there, i was just seeing if anyone jnew how to get in incase i get turned away lol

Yup:)

im gonna go down there, i was just seeing if anyone jnew how to get in incase i get turned away lol

Haha, I thought so, with your photo topic being (presumably) rusting and rotting metal work.

Done that for GCSE and doing it for my A2 Art project (tanks and trains)

Yeah, I advise seeing if you can get in contact with them first.

Failing that, see if you can get to the Tank Museum - I went there for GCSE (down all the way from Yorkshire) - and they have this little tank parking-lot outside their main workshops, filled with rusting relics. Very nice photo opportunities.

• Supporters
Haha, I thought so, with your photo topic being (presumably) rusting and rotting metal work.

Done that for GCSE and doing it for my A2 Art project (tanks and trains)

Yeah, I advise seeing if you can get in contact with them first.

Failing that, see if you can get to the Tank Museum - I went there for GCSE (down all the way from Yorkshire) - and they have this little tank parking-lot outside their main workshops, filled with rusting relics. Very nice photo opportunities.

yeah rusting and stuff, its quite interesting tbh, well i think so nyway :D

i think i went to the tank musem as a kid, might have to get down their again:)

Jump the fence is ya best bet lol

just dont go on a tuesday the quarry workers work late on a tuesday and no subs but there is a locked armoury in the tank carriers with a window in the door that you can look through and see wooden boxs which got me wondering :)

do they have dogs.... I hate dogs

"these dogs are pussycats compared to the dogs in Pipryat"

Sorry. Had to be done :D:lol:

But yeah, I love painting and sketching the overgrown and rusting machinery. It has so much character, compared to all those dull landscapes of fields and medows.

the worst part is that i know where that is from lol

I can't lie, one of my load-outs is partially inspired a certain multi-national group that is in that specific part of the series...

Archived