Readman97

Nuprol Delta range, surprisingly good!

This post goes out to newbies looking at getting a good quality RIF without breaking the bank..

So, I've been running the Nuprol Delta - Pioneer Defender for about a year now, I've run it in CQB and open woodland, and i have to say, this gun works well! Its accurate, its well built and its very reliable! I slapped a 4x ACOG on mine and the Nuprol BOCCA series suppressor & muzzle break with a vertical foregrip and CREE torch, this gun can easily hit a body sized target at 100 feet, stock! The upgrades I've added are purely to my taste, they come with high end internals such as a tight bore barrel, high speed motor and a decent gearbox, the gun features things often only found on far more expensive guns and at a reasonable price of around £140 you really can't complain, as long as you run decent ammo you will never get a jam, for what you are paying, you get every penny of your money's worth with this gun, i highly recommend it to anyone looking for their first RIF.

IMG_20171213_120558_635.jpg

13 hours ago, Aengus said:

Body at 100 feet isn't too impressive imo. My old 260fps f*cked cm16 could do that.

Terribly impressive? No, on par with a more expensive gun? Definitely, with a bit if hop up adjustment im sure it could shoot further accurately but i have my acog zeroed to 100 feet, for a beginner gun its absolutely stellar, my only complaint is the polymer body which makes it fairly light and prone to aim straying, but with a few add ons it gets very controllable and easy to stay on target. Definitely a great gun for your first RIF, and i hear the upper nuprol delta range are even better!

I have a Nuprol Delta Sopmod, great gun and runs brilliantly and has decent range...  Really loved playing with it and have now picked up an ICS CXP Cqb M4 and am eager to compare the two...A budget gun vs a Mid-range gun.

20 hours ago, Readman97 said:

Terribly impressive? No, on par with a more expensive gun? Definitely, with a bit if hop up adjustment im sure it could shoot further accurately but i have my acog zeroed to 100 feet, for a beginner gun its absolutely stellar, my only complaint is the polymer body which makes it fairly light and prone to aim straying, but with a few add ons it gets very controllable and easy to stay on target. Definitely a great gun for your first RIF, and i hear the upper nuprol delta range are even better!

A body sized target at 100’ is basically garbage, that’s like a 20” grouping.  A stock G&G CM16 will shoot a 6” grouping at that range and a better gun (TM, VFC, etc) will shoot more like a 3-4” grouping at 30m.  

Would love to compare the entry level Nuprols with CYMA equivalents.

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Would love to compare the entry level Nuprols with CYMA equivalents.

I was running mine alongside several CYMAs on the field and mine performed just as well, the only notable difference i can think of is rate of fire on full auto being slightly less on the nuprol, but with a longer tight bore barrel, the nuprol got shots on target far more accurately and reliably, both are great guns but for the price range, nuprol have the upper hand for beginner/ intermediate M4 RIFs

6 hours ago, Monkman said:

I have a Nuprol Delta Sopmod, great gun and runs brilliantly and has decent range...  Really loved playing with it and have now picked up an ICS CXP Cqb M4 and am eager to compare the two...A budget gun vs a Mid-range gun.

Let me know when you do a comparison, would be interesting to see how much extra you get for £100-£200 more!

5 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

A body sized target at 100’ is basically garbage, that’s like a 20” grouping.  A stock G&G CM16 will shoot a 6” grouping at that range and a better gun (TM, VFC, etc) will shoot more like a 3-4” grouping at 30m.  

I never mentioned a grouping, the nuprol delta range are far from garbage, i was getting hits at well over 100 feet, i mentioned a body size target at 100 feet as that's the average engagement distance for an assault rifle in an outdoors game, you will do very well to get a brand new gun performing like the nuprol delta range in the same price bracket, its all well and good bring TM, VFC & G&G into it, but those cost double what the pioneer defender will set you back, and in my experience, running it alongside higher end guns, it performs just as well, you have to remember this post is aimed at newbies who maybe spent £50 on a two tone and are ready to upgrade to an RIF, and price is a big put off for many newbies, so when they find out they can get an RIF at half the price of big brands that performs just as well, it really helps new players progress into what we all became, battle hardened players with a deep passion for the sport, will a gun costing £350 beat it in a grouping? Probably, but by enough to justify the price gap for its purpose? Almost definitely not.

Accuracy is entirely defined by groupings, a G&G CM16 is more accurate for the same price.

since it groups better, it’ll be able to hit targets at a greater distance more reliably. 

Simply stating that your gun can hit a person at 100ft is absolutely no indication of quality or performance as that’s the minimum standard I would expect from a £20 springer.  If you’ve done no further testing above and beyond being able to hit a man size target at 30m (which let’s be honest, is not far, one and a half tennis courts!) then you’ve not done enough to say that it can perform anywhere near as well as a higher quality gun. A bulldog LPEG is exactly as accurate as the best tuned VSR10 at 5 metres, identical performance! 

A good analogy would be me saying that my Ford Fiesta performs just as well as a Mercedes Benz because it can do 70mph on the motorway. 

5 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Accuracy is entirely defined by groupings, a G&G CM16 is more accurate for the same price.

since it groups better, it’ll be able to hit targets at a greater distance more reliably. 

Simply stating that your gun can hit a person at 100ft is absolutely no indication of quality or performance as that’s the minimum standard I would expect from a £20 springer.  If you’ve done no further testing above and beyond being able to hit a man size target at 30m (which let’s be honest, is not far, one and a half tennis courts!) then you’ve not done enough to say that it can perform anywhere near as well as a higher quality gun. A bulldog LPEG is exactly as accurate as the best tuned VSR10 at 5 metres, identical performance! 

A good analogy would be me saying that my Ford Fiesta performs just as well as a Mercedes Benz because it can do 70mph on the motorway. 

Check the specs on the nuprol, as i previously stated, my findings are from the battlefield, i don't have the space to test groupings on it but im pretty certain it could hold a good grouping at more distance.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/nuprol-delta-pioneer-defender-aeg-carbine-tan.htm#.Wl3T9KCnzqA

Truthfully without a side by side comparison, we cant know which is better for the money, but as a first RIF, i can certainly attest that the NDPD is a great gun with some high end features for a great price.

Sorry, I apologise, but I couldn't help but chuckle at those lines.

But yes, back to the topic on hand.

28 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

im trying to recommend a good, reasonably priced gun as a first RIF to newbies.

So why isn't this thread about Specna Arms?

Just now, L3wisD said:

Sorry, I apologise, but I couldn't help but chuckle at those lines.

But yes, back to the topic on hand.

So why isn't this thread about Specna Arms?

Because i have no experience with them, if you have, chuck a review on here and we can get a good range of reasonably priced RIFs for newbies.

38 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

If you have just come to talk sh*t on my post then please vacate the thread, im not here to argue, im trying to recommend a good, reasonably priced gun as a first RIF to newbies.

Sorry but the person talking most sh*t on here is yours truly.

You dont know enough to compare your gun to anything else. You have made some claims which are just false because there is no high end parts on it.

You enjoy your gun and that is good but maybe leave off the advice until you have compared it to other guns because there are lots of people claiming to have issues with some of the nuprol guns.

11 hours ago, Readman97 said:

Let me know when you do a comparison, would be interesting to see how much extra you get for £100-£200 more!

Will do...next game for me is next month.  So will let you know.  

1 hour ago, Monkman said:

Will do...next game for me is next month.  So will let you know.  

Can already tell you.

You get slightly better trigger response and rof. Accuracy wont be a huge difference the ICS hop is better but the Nuprol shoots ok.

Main difference is build quality. The Ics is generally better in most areas. Not a huge fan of the motor and hop bucking though.

Readman is right in the fact that out of the box performance is comparable to a CM16.

5 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What high end features?

Tight bore barrel, quick change gearbox spring, v2 gearbox, high torque flat motor, bolt release.

48 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

Tight bore barrel, quick change gearbox spring, v2 gearbox, high torque flat motor, bolt release.

None of those are high end.

The tight bore is a cheap aluminium one and not a great one either.

Quick change spring is becoming more common throughout all ranges and not something I would of ever classed as high end.

V2 box is standard on all M4's and the nuprol one is not a stand out one.

High torque motor on them is not a good one, not terrible but exactly great either.

The thing you need to get is you can attach a tag to anything but the only one that matters is quality and the cheap nuprols are like all cheap guns bits of good, bits of bad and lots of meh.

What he said ^ 

basically, it’s a mediocre entry level gun that you’re saying has ‘high end features’ like a V2 gearbox, which indicates immediately to me you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You also stated quite clearly in the original post that it’s accurate, then later admitted that you have no means to actually test that accuracy.  

It’s ability to hit a man size target at 100’ as I’ve already stated is actually well below the minimum requirement I’d expect from a skirmishable gun, at 100’ I wouldn’t be happy with anything that couldn’t hit a bean can reliably.  Maybe the Nuprol Pioneer can, maybe it can’t, you don’t know and neither do I, judged against the quality of everything else they sell though.... I’d be surprised. 

It’s great that you’re keen and you like your gun, but please don’t fall into the trap of spreading falsehoods because you’re keen.  It doesn’t help anyone, much less the poor sap who comes to this thread and forms the idea that a Nuprol Pioneer is going to be able to compete against a ‘far more expensive gun’ when based on your assessment of its accuracy (man size target at 100’) it’ll struggle against cheaper guns like a G&G CM16 which will reliably hit man size targets at more than 150’. 

3 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

What he said ^ 

basically, it’s a mediocre entry level gun that you’re saying has ‘high end features’ like a V2 gearbox, which indicates immediately to me you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You also stated quite clearly in the original post that it’s accurate, then later admitted that you have no means to actually test that accuracy.  

It’s ability to hit a man size target at 100’ as I’ve already stated is actually well below the minimum requirement I’d expect from a skirmishable gun, at 100’ I wouldn’t be happy with anything that couldn’t hit a bean can reliably.  Maybe the Nuprol Pioneer can, maybe it can’t, you don’t know and neither do I, judged against the quality of everything else they sell though.... I’d be surprised. 

It’s great that you’re keen and you like your gun, but please don’t fall into the trap of spreading falsehoods because you’re keen.  It doesn’t help anyone, much less the poor sap who comes to this thread and forms the idea that a Nuprol Pioneer is going to be able to compete against a ‘far more expensive gun’ when based on your assessment of its accuracy (man size target at 100’) it’ll struggle against cheaper guns like a G&G CM16 which will reliably hit man size targets at more than 150’. 

I stated previously that i was still getting reliable hits past 100 feet, i was trying to keep the OP simple enough for newbies to understand, i haven't done groupings on this gun but i have no reason to doubt it holds a reasonably tight grouping, personally, i recommend you try one out if you know someone with one, you will be pleasantly surprised by it, like i said i run a 4x acog and my shits were staying straight all the way down the centreline up to 100 feet where i was engaging (its worth noting that we had a sniper squad on our team racking up the long range kills) - truthfully i cant tell you exactly how accurate it is past 100 feet, all i know is i was still getting reliable hits at around 140-160, but with having my acog and hop up set for 100 feet POA POI, my accuracy decreased due to getting my distances zeroed, but the majority of my kills were at around 100 feet, if i can find someone willing to let me use their land (until MMA returns on a new site) ill set up some distanced targets and record some groupings, but for some reason the second you say the "G" word, people around here get very uncomfortable, they arent major fans of guns down here, no idea why lol, without proper testing i cant tell you how accurate it is beyond 100 feet, but my expectation with how it performs up to 100 is that it will remain reasonably accurate, have to take into account where i was playing was fairly windy too, cant really stay too accurate with 30-40mph gusts of wind lol

My Nuprol shoots great, and is great fun... most things have been upgraded thou so guess I’ll stay out of this one 

Just now, P13 said:

My Nuprol shoots great, and is great fun... most things have been upgraded thou so guess I’ll stay out of this one 

My internals are stock and mine shoots great as well, there's a lot of irrational hate towards nuprol.