Gun blueing

Oli.Hanks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Blueing is a chemical reaction with metal that seals it to make it more durable and gives it a nice blueish hue, hence the name.

I also thought of blueing some bits but I believe it only works on steel so don't know how it would turn out on the low grade metal most guns are made of.

You can probably buy a bottle of it from gunsmiths to try.

I think you just have to roughly paint it on, let it sit for an amount of time for the reaction to take place and then clean off the residue.

If you try it I'd be interested to know how it goes...

Good shout im thinking of either sending it off are sanding dowb the whole gun and doing a light blueing see how it turns out probably going to do some test runs first tough 

As above, you can only blue high grade steels, unless you have specifically had parts machined in steel you can pretty much guarantee any airsoft 'steel' externals are very low grade.

If you want a professional and permanent finish get the parts Cerakote'd otherwise degrease, wet and dry then spray paint your parts. :)

It's an M4, so it'll be alloy. Bluing only works on steel. The RA receivers are already nicely anodised.

Archived