Starting to Make/Sell Kydex Holsters and Pouches

Ujustgotsarged
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys didnt know where to put this so put it in general,

I have been looking in to making some kydex pouches and holsters for myself and a friend, then the idea of selling a couple came up.  Just fielding the idea here.  Basically my idea is to go to certain airsoft sites, notify them and the players a month in advance and make the holsters onsite on the day.  To make a holster, you only need the gun in the mould for about 10 minutes, after that the work can be done without it, so the player can use it during the day, and collect at lunch or end of the day, if the demand was high on the day then send them through the post the next day.  Same for pouches.

The other idea is that there isnt really many options for non m4/ak mag pouches out there.  So was thinking of doing some custom vector/mp7/mp9/ump and so on pouches.

Does this sound like something, you would like to see at a site near you?  What kind of price would you pay for a single/double kydex pouch for the vector/mp7/mp9/ump pouches.

As the pouches would be made and then handed to you, (again depending on demand on the day, or possiblility of preorders) How much would you be happy to pay?

looking at pricing from wholesalers, dont know whether to start with just black and coyote brown, or would olive drab be a colour that a lot of people would want?!

Anyway advice or comments are welcome.

Cheers guys

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2018 at 11:20 AM, Ujustgotsarged said:

Hey guys didnt know where to put this so put it in general,

I have been looking in to making some kydex pouches and holsters for myself and a friend, then the idea of selling a couple came up.  Just fielding the idea here.  Basically my idea is to go to certain airsoft sites, notify them and the players a month in advance and make the holsters onsite on the day.  To make a holster, you only need the gun in the mould for about 10 minutes, after that the work can be done without it, so the player can use it during the day, and collect at lunch or end of the day, if the demand was high on the day then send them through the post the next day.  Same for pouches.

The other idea is that there isnt really many options for non m4/ak mag pouches out there.  So was thinking of doing some custom vector/mp7/mp9/ump and so on pouches.

Does this sound like something, you would like to see at a site near you?  What kind of price would you pay for a single/double kydex pouch for the vector/mp7/mp9/ump pouches.

As the pouches would be made and then handed to you, (again depending on demand on the day, or possiblility of preorders) How much would you be happy to pay?

looking at pricing from wholesalers, dont know whether to start with just black and coyote brown, or would olive drab be a colour that a lot of people would want?!

Anyway advice or comments are welcome.

Cheers guys

Would the heat of the Oven/heat gun not disfigure plastic parts, rubber o-rings or buckings?

hey, well no it wouldnt, bearing in mind that those things are on the inside, i have been making sure that exterior plastic parts are covered in masking tape, and has not affected so far, i have made some pistol mag pouches, and no damage to the feed lips at all. 

Cheers

David

Just now, Ujustgotsarged said:

hey, well no it wouldnt, bearing in mind that those things are on the inside, i have been making sure that exterior plastic parts are covered in masking tape, and has not affected so far, i have made some pistol mag pouches, and no damage to the feed lips at all. 

Cheers

David

Fair enough then mate :)

Good luck, but I do like your idea, there's some die hards out there that'll love the more operator holsters.

Cheers man, well we have been looking into it more, if we can get to airsoft sites, and make them on the day, it saves everyone money, so at the moment a single piece holster we are looking at £25, and a 2 piece at £30, that way people get a custom holster, that can fit on either a belt or a serpa, and we only need the gun for 20 mins. Thats the price we are thinking of at the moment, do you reckon thats fair?

We also have some other ideas and will be putting them up soon, when we have a bulk of stock of them.

2 minutes ago, Ujustgotsarged said:

Cheers man, well we have been looking into it more, if we can get to airsoft sites, and make them on the day, it saves everyone money, so at the moment a single piece holster we are looking at £25, and a 2 piece at £30, that way people get a custom holster, that can fit on either a belt or a serpa, and we only need the gun for 20 mins. Thats the price we are thinking of at the moment, do you reckon thats fair?

We also have some other ideas and will be putting them up soon, when we have a bulk of stock of them.

That sounds really fair imo, much better than paying £70+ for one from Europe or the US.

If you ever open an online store to sell popular ones you can batch make at home, consider making mag pouch inserts (singe and perhaps triples similar the GMR one but not overpriced), maybe even grenade holders.

Made one for my TRMR and never going back! :)

yeah looking in to BFG holders, when i get time, they are a priority as a lot of people we have spoken to have said that there isnt decent ones. Cheers for the advice man

And the website is being built at the moment, im rubbish at HTML so its taking me a while, but the facebook page will be going up soon, when we have a decent amount of photos to showcase the work as well.

Archived