TM HC Patriot M4 Mags....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

26 minutes ago, wiggle5 said:

There are quite a few mid caps in that style available?

Are there, I can’t find any at all, am I using the wrong search terms?

1 minute ago, wiggle5 said:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/stanag-magazines/dboys-m16-m4-vn-style-metal-110rnd-magazine-black.htm#.WlaWUChl_rc 

for example (cant vouch for the quality) usualy refered to as "shorty" or VN style mags. If that is what you want?

Nope. The mag on the right, above, for the Patriot, is only two thirds the width of an M4 mag (the one on the left), so no way will an M4 mag of any description that fits any other M4/M16 fit the patriot lol

12 minutes ago, wiggle5 said:

Oh sorry, I thought that was the M4 mag and the other was a SR25 one or something, sorry!

Does it use MP5 mags?

Ha ha nope, it uses TM M4 Patriot Mags :D:D

• Supporters

If mag on left is m4, what kind is it ?, if not a vn then I've never seen one like it,  looks more like a famas mag ?.

as for mag on right, as the name suggests, an m4 patriot is an m4 derivative, & based on a .556 calibre model, its clearly not the 9mm variant, so the mag shouldn't be smaller in width & depth ?, & I'd be very surprised if TM were to make such an amateur mistake.

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

If mag on left is m4, what kind is it ?, if not a vn then I've never seen one like it,  looks more like a famas mag ?.

as for mag on right, as the name suggests, an m4 patriot is an m4 derivative, & based on a .556 calibre model, its clearly not the 9mm variant, so the mag shouldn't be smaller in width & depth ?, & I'd be very surprised if TM were to make such an amateur mistake.

I’m not sure what you’re saying tbh? 

The mag on the left is a hi-cap M4/16 mag, the mag on the right is the Patriot mag, nothing else to say really except I’d like some more lol

• Supporters

Mag on left is straight, no curve, only m4 mags I've ever seen like that are vn's (discounting all the new gen magpul type mags), just double checked google images, just saying it looks like a famas mag, in which case the right hand is a ringer for a vn 190 high cap, is there a chance you've mixed them up, easily done :)

Still don’t understand what you mean bud.

The mag on the left is a hi-cap M4/M16 style that fits my daughters ICS M4, but is waaaay to big for her TM M4 Patriot magwell

I’ll take some pics of both rifles magwells tonight, but honestly, I don’t care what they are called, it just needs to be small enough to fit lol

• Supporters
8 hours ago, wiggle5 said:

After getting this wrong I tried a lot of searching to try and help but I literally cant find anything online that tells you what mags fit... :huh:

I also had a look to see what mags were specified, nothing conclusive so I called airsoftworld, they confirmed that it takes bog standard m4 mags, & that the supplied mag is a 190bb high cap, aka a vn.

Unsure how this confusion occurred, but hope that helps :)

P.S. before buying the drum mag, I'd check that your usual sites allow them, some sites are very specific that only box/drum mags are allowed on dedicated support weapons.

46 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I also had a look to see what mags were specified, nothing conclusive so I called airsoftworld, they confirmed that it takes bog standard m4 mags, & that the supplied mag is a 190bb high cap, aka a vn.

Unsure how this confusion occurred, but hope that helps :)

P.S. before buying the drum mag, I'd check that your usual sites allow them, some sites are very specific that only box/drum mags are allowed on dedicated support weapons.

Well bugger me, I must offer you my humblest apologies. It does take normal M4 mags, I’m so sorry,

I blame the fact that the only M4 variant in my families armoury belongs to my daughter, so I rarely look at it. The big mag above is something I bought to try and convert my mid-cap AA-12 Mags to hi-cap.

Or that I’m a total doofus :-/

LOL... so the good news is the mags you want are available in abundance everywhere. :D

FWIW, I use those Dboys VN style midcap mags and they're fine.... cheap too. I prefer them over long mags.

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

LOL... so the good news is the mags you want are available in abundance everywhere. :D

FWIW, I use those Dboys VN style midcap mags and they're fine.... cheap too. I prefer them over long mags.

I’m such a tit :D:D:D

Archived