G&P M4 Take down help

padraigthesniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know of any good guides or videos that show how to take apart a G&P M4?

I've never opened a AEG before but i need to learn as i want to upgrade it?

Also can anyone recommend a good set of tools to buy that has all the Allen keys and screw sizes AEGs tend to use?

Im going to go look this up myself but im sure someone on here already knows alot i wont find just by searching google.

• Supporters

Have your tried typing G&p M4 disassembly  into YouTube ? If not it’s worth a try.  If this doesn’t work look for an exploded parts diagram for the gun and try and disassemble using that. 

If your talking gearbox work, it’s just a standard V2 gearbox so any disassembly guide on them would do.

As for tools, you can find Allen keys and screwdrivers in any hardware shop, but it’s probably worth looking on eBay. You’ll only need a cheap set as nothing is torqued to tight.

It's the same as any other AEG M4.

Full set of Allan keys, straight and Philips screwdrivers in PH 1 & PH 2 sizes (know the difference between Philips and Pozidrive, because that's a really good way to mess up the heads), and possibly a proper armourers AR tool, depending on what hand guard is fitted.

If you're looking to do actual upgrades rather than simply fitting 'upgrade' parts, then a set of decent needle files, a Dremel type tool with a variety of grinding /cutting bits, side cutters, soldering iron...

youtube is your best bet, hundreds of M4 and  V2 gearbox dissasembly guide videos, which are great because you can pause and rewind step by step and see exactly what to do, rather than messing about with a diagram and trying to figure out what step youre on.

First time you open a gearbox,do it inside a plastic bag. Many small things will want to spoing...;)

And when it comes to putting it back together, a strong magnet is really useful to hold stuff in place while you try and get the gearbox halves together.

Archived