Buy and upgrade Maruzen L96 for £200?!?

tomambrose
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’ve been planning to get into Airsoft sniping for a while after being an M4 fan.I decided not to go for the standard vsr-10 but the L96.I wondered if it was possible to get good results with just £200 including price of the rifle.I found an ad for a second hand one at £80, a steal.The gun had barely been used but lost some seals.This is where the upgrades began.

1)

I completely stripped the gun applying oil to the parts and replacing O rings.I also wrapped Teflon tape around the piston head.

2)

While the gun was apart I put in an M120 400 fps spring (£14.99) as I wasn’t planning on replacing the tripped or piston due to the budget so didn’t want to break the gun at 500 fps.

3)

Next I bought a PDI hop up chamber (£52.50),a PPS barrel 500 mm (£19.99),some R hop tubing (£2.99) and a flat hop bucking and nub via amazon (£15.89)

4)

I put all of this together Teflon taping areas where possible leaks could occur, I then got some tape I had lying around and made some barrel spacers (sticky side out except for last layer in case I need to remove them.

5)

I re assembled the gun and bought a scope for £16.59 which I placed in the gun.

This gun performed excellent for the price, while it won’t be competing with £400+ snipers it will outrange accurately many AEGs with 0.3g bbs.The 400 fps is limiting and with a larger budget you can upgrade the parts required to withhold 500 fps; however the 400 fps meant I had a 20m not 30 m engagement distance which is good if I was in a building being assaulted.

Any question please ad them or any suggestions for what I could have done better let me know.

Archived