Use of powerful pyro, yes or no?

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Same answer as for the lasers thread: hold your pyro of choice in your hand, next to your undefended ear, and set it off.

If you're not prepared to do that, don't throw it at me.

I think anything more than a mk5, lasers and flash grenades should only be used for milsim or similar purposes when the scenario calls for it and all players aware when signing up that they will be used. 

This way you will need to be prepared with suitable protection and expecting that level of realism. On a sunday skirmish no thank you, its meant to be a laugh running around getting shot, I dont want to worry too much about being deafened or blinded by something I have no desire to use myself therefore wouldnt appreciate being chucked at me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I guess this health and safety snowflake had a point after all...

I double dare you to hold one when it goes off.

THIS will be your reward ;)

8 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I've had a 9mm do off in my hand when I trip wire i had laid went off unexpectedly.... so i think ill bow out of holding a mk9

Glad to hear self preservation wins over bravado :D

If MK9's were used regularly at games then the guns may as well shoot .22 long rifle...

Next level gaming ;)

Just now, EDcase said:

Glad to hear self preservation wins over bravado :D

Haha! lets just say even a 9mm I wouldn't recommend but accidents do happen! Guy on my team had a thermo somehow uncap and strike in his trouser pocket, how this happened I don't know (large combat pocket so luckily not near his tackle) and that resulted in 3rd degree burns and a lengthy hospital visit in A&E

4 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

As previously stated on the recent threads, I had a team mate subject to a faulty mk9 which exploded as soon as it was struck

His glove was ripped apart and luckily took the impact

The photos of him then went up on the walls of the factory

Wow, he was bloody lucky to keep his hand even with gloves.

At a certain event in Cooehill down, game on was triggered by a petrol explosion in one of the clapped out cars in the middle of the Main Street.

Instead of rushing forward everyone hesitated and stood in awe/astonishment at the size of the mushroom flame cloud, and the pyro man jumped into his van putting out the flames

During the party he was constantly congratulated on the effects, to some he confessed that due to some delays in starting the game the petrol he had deposited had fully soaked into the entire car, dripped around etc which made a vast fireball in most directions rather than the designed directed fireball 

• Supporters
On 08/01/2018 at 10:46 AM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Maybe using them makes some people feel more of a man. Trying to compensate and all that.

Steady on: why do any of us airsoft instead of using Nerf guns?  I have no problem with people enjoying themselves any way they like, as long as it's not going to burn or blind me, or burst my earballs.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Steady on: why do any of us airsoft instead of using Nerf guns?  I have no problem with people enjoying themselves any way they like, as long as it's not going to burn or blind me, or burst my earballs.

Accuracy, range and rate of fire. Also can you imagine carrying a 1000 nerf darts?

Lot's of airsofters are using airsoft to compensate. We have all come across the guys who are frightened of their own shadow in day to day life but put them in camo on an airsoft field and they become shouty god. 

Nothing wrong with it normally but most of the worst offenders I have come across for getting arsey with someone generally come from either the 9st or the 19stone crew and I don't mean the big stocky 19st.

99% of airsofters are good lads/ladies but there is that minority that take the relative safety of their surroundings to act out in a way that sucks.

• Head Moderator

I only get "shouty" because I cannot hear anything after getting pyro'd (again!). I would wear hearing protection but then would not be able to hear the other shouty gods. Catch 22. :P

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I only get "shouty" because I cannot hear anything after getting pyro'd (again!). I would wear hearing protection but then would not be able to hear the other shouty gods. Catch 22. :P

I can never imagine you getting shouty at least not at airsoft. 

21 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Sounds like you need to adjust your camo for the landscape/ role, i run a DMR role in full DPM gear, got hidden on a banking and my own teammates (ex servicemen) jumped when i whistled at them walking past lmao, brilliant gear is DPM for this time of year in woodland. If you cant be seen you cant be shot! 

(Me on left)

IMG_20180107_224437_727.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

You blend right in there mate, I wouldn't have spotted you in the photo if you hadn't pointed it out.

Also, I play with ex-servicemen who were terrible soldiers :lol: it's not a free-pass to be considered godlike.

• Supporters

^Totally agree with that statement. We were at a game where there were a group of current serving servicemen, the hire portion of our team and the less experienced players immediately admitted defeat and said “We are going to lose every game”. 

Once we had explained that as a soldier they don’t won’t to get shot, instinct tells them not to, and as Airsofters with unlimited respawns getting shot is the way to win, they sorta eased up and we won the day.  

I think the perception that they are trained operators vs us “pretenders” makes people give up before even trying.

10 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

MSA SORDINS! (I'm aware you probably already know about them)

Cut sounds over a certain decibel level (I believe 85db off the top of my head) but otherwise amplify ambient sound, great for hearing the other team whispering to each other in corridors haha! ;) I use the ones without a boom mic (slightly cheaper) and you can find cracking deals on ebay for them!

55 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Soldiering and airsofting are two very different things.

Not that it probably happened anyway.

I never get why people mention when they get the drop on ex service people, anyone could get the drop on anyone. Just because you've managed to hide from someone relatively well holds no baring on who or what they are. 

Should have dropped a mk9 near them imagine how much they would have jumped then compared to a whistle!

Archived