Just a good video on Green Gas VS Propane VS CO2 VS MAPP

Beowulf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

wondered what the difference would be with mapp , got some in the van for my blow torch which i'll be trying out on sunday if the weather holds out ...

5 hours ago, Careless said:

wondered what the difference would be with mapp , got some in the van for my blow torch which i'll be trying out on sunday if the weather holds out ...

I think it just nuprol 4.0 black counterpart but amazingly flamable and disgustingly stinky lol

Mapp is very good. It has a lower boiling point than propane so it’s less affected by cool down. It’s a great alternative to propane in the winter months with less efficient gas guns. I have heard that it dries up o rings really quick. Not sure if there’s any truth in that, but it’s good practice to make sure everything that needs to be lubed is. 

tryed out mapp gas this afternoon and i can confirm that mapp is a lot better in the cold over propane , bolt cycle on the ghk was noticeably slower using propane, so looks like ill be using mapp until the warmer months :)  cheers for the heads up otherwise i probably wouldnt of bothered giving it ago...

On 1/7/2018 at 3:08 AM, Careless said:

tryed out mapp gas this afternoon and i can confirm that mapp is a lot better in the cold over propane , bolt cycle on the ghk was noticeably slower using propane, so looks like ill be using mapp until the warmer months :)  cheers for the heads up otherwise i probably wouldnt of bothered giving it ago...

Does the smell not bother you? Or is it not that strong in the winter?

Is propane actually cheaper if you're not buying in large bottles? I realise that the main point of the review was to highlight superior consistency of propane but this seemed like a good opportunity to bring it up. It seems like green gas is about the same price as pure propane; cheaper if you find a good deal. Does anyone know of cheap propane sources (<£10)?

8 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Is propane actually cheaper if you're not buying in large bottles? I realise that the main point of the review was to highlight superior consistency of propane but this seemed like a good opportunity to bring it up. It seems like green gas is about the same price as pure propane; cheaper if you find a good deal. Does anyone know of cheap propane sources (<£10)?

I think you might want to give this a read if you’re really into using propane.

http://www.propane101.com/propanegradesandquality.htm

The more you know..

propane gas torch bottles that the madbull propane airsoft adaptor screws too are cheaper then green gas, the quantity of gas held in them is larger then that of green gas, 

£10 for 400g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Propane-Gas-Bottle-400g-Cylinder-Plumbers-Blow-Torch-1-Thread/263334698223?hash=item3d4ff89cef:g:BTsAAOSwmBhaEtfi

green gas by nuprol £15 for 300g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WE-Europe-Green-Red-Black-Nuprol-Premium-Airsoft-Gas-High-performance-BB-Gas/161687879654?var=460660523435&hash=item25a5593fe6:m:myj-ZkpM7QyGmEx9ZEGUL3g

400g of mapp gas is abit more expensive and varys from where you buy it , £15 - £20   so probably works out the same as green gas but performs better in the cold

Archived