WE GBB pistol problem

Mikeey946
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hiya all I have a GBB pistol I got second hand that has a problem im wondering if anyone could give me a bit of guidance I haven't had the to take it to a tech, problem is that it fires one or 2 shots then all of a sudden goes a bit mental firing on full auto but not firing any bbs then all of a sudden dumps all gas out the ejection port or barrel. Also had it jam a bbs halfway out the ejection port a few times iv uploaded a video to show you problem I got it second hand I believe its a WE was told try both the positions the safety can be in full open and half way but they both do exact same I also attached a picture of it see if it can be recognise  maybe that will help

thanks in advance 

20180104_191518_45323091962793.mp4

20180104_192159.thumb.jpg.6030090fd7f92aa3ccd9111ea46c418a.jpg

Neither vid works for me.

The last two pistols I had dumping gas was because the trigger bar was not returning properly, causing the hammer to keep the mag valve open. I only fixed it by putting new, standard trigger bars in.

One didn’t look damaged at all, the other was a brand new Guarder heat treated one, both were sticking, but only very slightly.

Also, I had a WE17 that I bought damaged that only fired on auto, but that was an easy fix, the head of the knocker lock pin had been broken off by the previous owner.

Strip it, clean it, inspect any parts for wear, re-assemble and oil it.

46 minutes ago, Mikeey946 said:

cheers buddy thanks a lot much appreciated have you any clue where I could get the trigger thing from might be worth a shot trying a new one ?

I’d disassemble it first and try @Marc.RG1 fix, it’s free lol. I get all my WE parts from MPA in Hockley as they are local.

tried another trigger bar I have another m92 its brand new arrived Wednesday so I know that ones good and it still did the same so its not that I also tried 3 other magazines including the brand new one and heated the gas up a little and the magazine once full still the same so that rules all those out ill have a look at the video and see what I can work out from it with my m92 cheers bud 

1 hour ago, Mikeey946 said:

tried another trigger bar I have another m92 its brand new arrived Wednesday so I know that ones good and it still did the same so its not that I also tried 3 other magazines including the brand new one and heated the gas up a little and the magazine once full still the same so that rules all those out ill have a look at the video and see what I can work out from it with my m92 cheers bud 

Full auto in gbb pistols is usually to do with the trigger mechanism. Maybe something isn't catching the sear or you have a broken spring in there?

Edit:

Upon further googling it seems like a problem with your sear or trigger bar and I've seen mentions of the trigger return spring. I've never had one so I can't be much more help than google.

Hiya, is it a full auto firing pistol?

And is it a Gen 1 (single hammer & trigger frame)

Or 

Gen 2 ( separate hammer & trigger frames)

Mine was firing in full auto on semi and it was part #038 that had broken.

Also, the hammer sear wears out too causing the hammer not to lock when recoiled. (Part #52)

Hope this helps

Trigger return spring was replaced today had the sear out looked brand new, didnt try a new one but it was in immaculate condition tried a new trigger bar that didnt cure it either i fully stripped it today made sure it was all okay replaced all springs and its still doing same only part i didnt strip was top slide. Its the gen 1 all one single piece  Part 38 i cant see mine has can you forward a link to a real picture of it so i can see what it looks like

Hi Mikey,

Have a look on kyairsoft under pistol parts and select your Gen 1 variant.

The most common parts for the issues you have are described by ourselves in the above comments. But honestly you need to take it apart in order to inspect the components.

When I got my broken WE M9A1, it was doing the same symptoms as you described, but I have the Gen 2 variant. The parts I replaced was a broken hammer frame (sheared in two) a broken valve knocker (the little post broke off), a worn hammer sear and weak sear spring.

Got the parts from kyairsoft, took a week or so.

I've yet to replace the hammer spring as it's too weak to knock the valve properly on a certain mag.

These are the most common failure prone items in the WE M9's (apart from the fire selector bar #038) 

So in order to figure out what parts are worn or broken, you're gonna have to dismantle it. The top slide is a bit tricky to take apart and you'll need to be careful when doing so, as parts like the selector has a retention spring and plunger that goes flying if you don't keep your finger over it when you pull the selector rod out.

The hammer & trigger frames are easy peasy to dismantle, just got to watch out for the spring(s) orientation and make sure they don't ping out either.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! 

I’m having problems with a we m9 gbb. The fire mode selector bar already broke 2 times (#038). I will bought spare parts but I’m afraid if another part can be causing the problem. 

Do you guys have any advise on this? Any workaround to make this part more stable?

thanks, lbotton.

48ED6212-5AB3-40F3-9782-08A766AD4151.jpeg

Archived