Best weight bbs for my Ics L85?

teragaxu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, i have the Ics L85 that i have test fired with 0.20g bbs but no matter how much the hop up is adjusted to the bb still starts to upwards when it leaves the barrel, so i thought maybe the weight of the bbs could change it. 

What weight of bbs could you recommend to help this issue i am having?

• Supporters

Always recommend .28g BBs if you can afford to use regularly. Minimum of .25g, some guys in here run .3g. This goes for all AEGs not just the ICS L85.

• Supporters

I wouldn't use anything below .25g outside. Indoors I may go down to .20g as there's no wind and the distance to target is shorter, but only if there's no .25g available. 

.20 for chrono only. For a 330-350 FPS Aeg gun I’d opt for a .28BB. 280-330 then a .25 will probably be fine. I know some people drop from a .28 to a .25 indoors to decrease flight time as there’s no wind to throw off the lighter weight. If it’s a gas gun then use the heaviest weight the hop will allow. General rule, the heaviest your hop will allow. 

The OP doesn't say what fps the gun is achieving but if they are swerving up as soon as they leave the barrel I suggest there may be other issues.

• Supporters

The ICS L85 does have the quick FPS changing system in the gearbox, you remove the pin and move it in/out a hole to adjust it, think the closest is 410 FPS, middle is 350FPS, end is 310FPS.  If it’s brand new, chances are it’s on the 410...

Not locked to semi...then I'd opt for .25's..

If it's hoping up straight out of the barrel I suggest you back it off a bit,you're trying to gain the i optimal range for your set up,

Archived