VFC m100 spring or Guarder m100 spring

Which gun????
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently brought an AEG and its FPS is aroung 350, and i just found out most sites do 340 FPS...so i was thinking of changing the spring in my V2 gearbox to lower the FPS to 335 ish. I found the VFC and the Guarder m100 spring but dont know which one is better, any suggestions? And apparently Guarder springs are shorter? Is that true?

Hi,

it's not all about spring size. If you have a spring guide with a  3 part bearing fitted at each end you could already have an m100 spring in there. The bearings compress the spring more, thus providing you with more air compression and higher fps, so you could be wasting your time and money as it may already have an m100 spring. Also  if you have never taken a gearbox apart before then I wouldn't recommend it. I am the tech at Targetszone if you know what you are doing then, I apologise if not our prises are very reasonable and it could save you a lot of time money and frustration in the long run. in answer to your original question both are good makes

Kind regards

Rob

Thx rob, im actually an amateur and the whole taking apart the gearbox thing looks kinda hard. If this is the case then ill just leave my gun as it is. The last time i chronoed the FPS on my m4 is 348,350,349,352,349 so its just below the 350 FPS limit, though it sometimes might go over ,so its risky when i test it on site that are 350 FPS. And thx for answeing my question!

The Guarder spring is an SP100 which is actually equivalent to M110. Good spring, but not the right choice for 350fps.

I put an SHS M100 into my VFC Avalon and it fired at 410fps! Had to find an M90 to get it down to 350.

For small changes your hop should cope with taking a few fps off.

Archived