What courier to send RIF?

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Already looked for prev posts but nothing recently.  I'm    due to sent my gbb pistol off.   But what courier do people use  I Went to the post office  to see if they could do it via   the  courier  thought them and they declined. 

Ideally need to be one that I can drop the package off at  a drop off point rather then the courier collect   from my home 

Parcel force via the post office,do it on-line,from what I understand they cover rifs,look at their restricted items.

Firesupport use them if that's anything to go by.

Here--->https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

My RIF is coming via ParcelForce 48h... although I'm still waiting for the tracking to be active (it was posted Saturday afternoon via post office, so with holidays this is to be expected) 
Lots of complaints about P/F 48 though as a whole, lost/missing parcels, lack of tracking entirely. etc... so I'm currently fingers crossed it will arrive at all lol

Just as an update, my tracking number finally kicked in today at 5pm so obviously just been collected by P/F 48h.
Lets see if they can just magically make it disappear by the end of the 48 hours... Hopefully they don't...

I always send RiFs via Parcelforce 48 and declare them as 'low powered air guns'. 

Parcelforce (but I remember reading that they need to be sent Express 48), or UPS - UPS have ballsed up every single time I’ve used them.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Had a nightmare with Hermes this week, RIF was definitely lost until I threatened them with police and then miraculously it re-appeared.

Customer service claimed they lost it until you threatened police action?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes

Remind me never to use Hermes.

On 09/01/2018 at 5:03 PM, snuff said:

Many options including all the big ones and prices vary.

https://www.parcel2go.com/?gclid=CIvYz4Gpx6oCFUtA4QodpH-fzg

if you use these bear in mnd the insurance is minimal..ie £20..

Note that it offers default insurance to £20 on many of the offers, but you can buy the

appropriate level

Remeber to check the restricted & prohibited lists for each method offered

Its just a comparison site

1 minute ago, Gepard said:

Remind me never to use Hermes.

Yep, me and @Whompa73 both had the same issue from the same seller at the same time.

I’d given up until Whompa suggested doing what he’d done, kudos to the man, it worked. After being missing for a week and a half, both parcels suddenly re-appeared

• Supporters
Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Yep, me and @Whompa73 both had the same issue from the same seller at the same time.

I’d given up until Whompa suggested doing what he’d done, kudos to the man, it worked. After being missing for a week and a half, both parcels suddenly re-appeared

I guess they bumped your tickets up to somebody who could actually do something. Covering their own ass I imagine. 

32 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I guess they bumped your tickets up to somebody who could actually do something. Covering their own ass I imagine. 

After days odf saying they didnt know where they were and couldn't get throught to the depot that they were last seen at.  They said i would have to get the srnder to claim. I said ok but i will also be getting the  police involved. The snotty little git said yeah right the police wont do anything . I said they dont have any choice as they are rif's and you have to be licenced to have them . They are perfectly legal to send through post but buyer and seller must be licenced to own them. If they go missing we are legally obliged to report it to the police and under the provention of crime act as they could be used in a crime . The police have no other choince to investigate. The next day at 04.05 am the parcel showed that it have been sent from the depot that it was ment to have gone missing from. 3 days later when it had arrived and rockets still hadnt ( he knew what i had said) i told him to get back on to them again (he had spoke to them almost every day) and say tha same as i had . The next morning 04.05 am they sent the parcel out of the depot it had gone missing at and was delivered saturday. Both parcels were sent at the same time by the same person and neither got pas the collection depot. Hermies wasnt intrested in where it had got to. Would not use them again!!!

Archived