New in London

Black_Ice931
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend 'The Mall'. It's in reading so it's a small drive (maybe an hour or so) but it's very worth it. Me and a few buddies have been there three times and it's always a great site.

It is CQB though, and urban, so expect a lot of stair climbing and back-hallway walking which some people aren't a huge fan of. If you do choose to go there though, make sure you bring a pretty strong flashlight attached to the gun. 

I'll make sure to have it, then ;)

And I'll go by train, no car :( or I should find someone to give me a ride ahah

3 hours ago, steakandpotato said:

I recommend 'The Mall'. It's in reading so it's a small drive (maybe an hour or so) but it's very worth it. Me and a few buddies have been there three times and it's always a great site.

It is CQB though, and urban, so expect a lot of stair climbing and back-hallway walking which some people aren't a huge fan of. If you do choose to go there though, make sure you bring a pretty strong flashlight attached to the gun. 

Hi mate,
I've only been to Blitz CQB/Airborne Airsoft in Whitechapel but they're currently in the process of relocating and also Bunker 51 In North Greenwich. It is a decent site, however, it is also a paintball site so the floors are just gross and everywhere you touch is sticky. Would not recommended if you have super nice and expensive kit haha. I also travel around on the tube due to the lack of a car, unfortunately, so hopefully we can befriend someone with a car on here *WINK WONK* ;)I have been looking at Red 1 in Chistlehurst/Bromley area but haven't been able to book a place yet.

Would be great to play together sometime and possibly tryout new sites together

3 hours ago, TypeSaber said:

Hi mate,
I've only been to Blitz CQB/Airborne Airsoft in Whitechapel but they're currently in the process of relocating and also Bunker 51 In North Greenwich. It is a decent site, however, it is also a paintball site so the floors are just gross and everywhere you touch is sticky. Would not recommended if you have super nice and expensive kit haha. I also travel around on the tube due to the lack of a car, unfortunately, so hopefully we can befriend someone with a car on here *WINK WONK* ;)I have been looking at Red 1 in Chistlehurst/Bromley area but haven't been able to book a place yet.

Would be great to play together sometime and possibly tryout new sites together

Really? Me and my friend wanted to start at the Blitz :o sad news. That means we have to go to the bunker as first games :(

But yes, let's keep in touch ;)

14 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

I'll make sure to have it, then ;)

And I'll go by train, no car :( or I should find someone to give me a ride ahah

I'd offer but my car is full 9 times out of 10

4 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

We can book it in advance lol

No I mean the squad I go with usually hop in my car with one of them bringing a gun case that BARELY even fits in my car:lol:

Someone else in my squad is trying to get a car sorted so if that happens then feel free to ride with me

2 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

No I mean the squad I go with usually hop in my car with one of them bringing a gun case that BARELY even fits in my car:lol:

Someone else in my squad is trying to get a car sorted so if that happens then feel free to ride with me

Sure!

More than happy to play with an existing team (and their car!).

49 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Sure!

More than happy to play with an existing team (and their car!).

Just as long as you don't shoot me in the arse like has been known to happen

Whenever I used to have to get a train on a sunday it'd be late, an EXTREMELY long travel distance or have massive distances between times.

This was about four years ago, though I can't imagine they would've changed that much.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

Trains on a sunday can be questionable

There are several people who reguarly travel to the mall on a Sunday from London by train. Just checked on the internet and there are 3or4 trains out of Paddington that will get you there in plenty of time.

Hey. I'm getting back into airsoft this year and looking for places to go around the London area living in North East London. I also have an estate car so plenty of room (If that isn't enough of a bribe, I don't know what is!) So I don't mind travelling a bit.  Shame to hear about Blitz in Whitechapel.  I went there a couple of times a few years ago and liked having somewhere so close.

Thanks,  I've booked myself and my brother in for a session in a couple of weeks and have cleaned up the old guns.  Also had to do away with a lot of my old kit as the last time I wore it was about 4 stone ago!

Any other good places to go nearby, maybe somewhere that does regular evening skirmishes like Blitz used to? Not massively keen on the drive over to reading every other week.

Cheers guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be very late to the party but Red1 Chislehurst you can get to by public transport and wouldnt be to bad (i make my way from shepherds bush to get there). My next game is 4th march if you want a friendly face :)

Archived