m4 bullpup

Vazazavr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The trigger is always the sticking point with a bullpup. The only reliable way I've found so far is a BTC Chimera with the loom modified to use remote micro switches for the trigger and the fire selector. With printed components it should also be possible to put the fire selector in a more convenient position and incorporate a mechanical safety for the remote trigger.

The motor carrier needs to be I in a heat resistant material as it gets a bit toasty at times, and I can't see any method of adjusting the motor height?

But crack on! Proper customs are too thin on the ground.

20 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

The trigger is always the sticking point with a bullpup. The only reliable way I've found so far is a BTC Chimera with the loom modified to use remote micro switches for the trigger and the fire selector. With printed components it should also be possible to put the fire selector in a more convenient position and incorporate a mechanical safety for the remote trigger.

The motor carrier needs to be I in a heat resistant material as it gets a bit toasty at times, and I can't see any method of adjusting the motor height?

But crack on! Proper customs are too thin on the ground.

i maked safe mode electrical (played with contacts). its work.  triger work wish simple electric swich. motor in old place all work without any changes on gear.

So this isn't feedback, but a question.

Why have a RIS rail behind the grip? You can't really move the trigger and grip around on the fly can you? (Maybe you can and I don't know, I have zero knowledge on the wiring in a bullpup and asking purely to expand on knowledge/curiosity)

Am i just missing something in terms of attachments? Or is it just easier to do using stock upper reciever and barrel models? or what? (Again, curiosity)

a Ris and resievers only for a example.  i'll print only  butt and trigger trigger transfer. All mechanick parts is work. my question about design.  I carry the trigger forward and add a contact to the safe mode. weapons can always be returned to the factory view.

Ooohh OK, I understand now. Just examples. Was genuinely confused lol, thanks :)

• 4 months later...
On 12/31/2017 at 6:10 PM, Vazazavr said:

Hi every one. First of all, happy new year!!! I have some questions. And also I'll be glad to receive your posetive and negative cmts for my design before I'll send it to print.
thx

7f32e304091a.jpg

1005e56060b2.jpg

Hi, a little news about a project. now a project is in the test layout. personally for myself, I decided to make the transfer of the trigger a little differently. as soon as I'm determined with convenience, I will start finishing work on painting. now she is already working on hpa.  tests of the aeg version have already been successful.

08B52C7D-804B-42AB-B2E2-8B873E3443B1.jpeg

CD6D4C56-7CC5-4CD9-AA98-C3CFE9843514.jpeg

• Supporters

how are you planning to run the mag release/fire selector?

the fire selector wouldn't be too bad (at least no worse than say an sa80) but the mag release seems like it'd be a pita

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Vazazavr said:

All stay in her old place I change onli trigger place.  Mag change is easy in stock place to. Problems have only a left hand people’s, bud you can change fire selector side.  

fair enough, can't say i'd find the default mag catch all that handy, but i suppose an ambi release would do.

personally i'd do this to an arp9, that way you get the hk style catch

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Vazazavr said:

I’l search in google.  it is very convenient for me how everything works in factory places. the idea of a whale in the most simple transformation from the classic style to   bullpup. 

Well, whatever works for you mate.

Personally i'd take an arp9, use that front grip assembly you have there and try to reduce the buffer tube length to nothing, i know in terms of purism there should be some room there for the recoil spring but then this is airsoft and we can make crazy stuff if we want to :D

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Well, whatever works for you mate.

Personally i'd take an arp9, use that front grip assembly you have there and try to reduce the buffer tube length to nothing, i know in terms of purism there should be some room there for the recoil spring but then this is airsoft and we can make crazy stuff if we want to :D

it will not be too short? although, everyone builds how he likes. post photos of your progress. I will be glad to see that someone else has done what they really wanted with their own hands.I wanted it to look like m4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Can appreciate the work that’s gone in to it (very well done indeed) but to my tastes it’s a classic example of just because you can doesn’t mean you should , personally I think it looks horrible  , now that’s not the quality of the work which as I said is obviously very good but the concept of it , just looks like a poor type 97 knock off . BUT and this is the important bit , as long as your happy with it then that’s all that matters , when you come down to it other peoples opinions mean nothing as long as your happy with it !  👍

• Supporters

tbf is it any stranger than some of the other stuff we see in airsoft?

i mean this is a hobby where pink arp's aren't unknown.....

i'm not sure it'd be much nicer to use than a normal m4, but then the regular m4 is the gold standard for ergonomics.

Archived