KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

Nasro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 minutes ago, Weaselcloak said:

California, USA

Ha ha, no chance of visiting then lol, I’m in the U.K. 

Is it standard?

First, does it do this on all mags?

Your bolt isn’t springing back very well, it’s possible the gas router on the mag is just putting enough pressure on the bolt to stop ii coming forward.

When did you last split, inspect clean and lube the gun? That would be my first stop, if it happens on all mags, as long as all the mags are genuine KWA mags

Aw damn thanks for considering lmao wish shipping was cheap and customs in my area wasn't horrid.

It could be the new 3d printed mag lips I have, but they did not pose problems for my gun the first week that I used them and they worked instantly. I will test the original lip when I return home.

Last time I cleaned and lubed the gun was about 3 days ago, I only did the guide rails, the bolt system and the charging handle.

I have also come to notice that the bolt sometimes becomes stuck when I rack it but it isnt the bolt lock catching it.

you got the gun on you now?

How is the recoil rod & spring, if the rod is slightly bent it can restrict the bolt returning properly. If the bolt is worn, or if the blocks that hold the nozzle in place are protruding, they can catch on the guide rails.

I’ve fixed a fair few of these, it’s very likely it’s a combination of wear on parts, being upset by the new feed lips.

Just now, Weaselcloak said:

Lol actually I'm in class currently

I will return home in about 5 hours, then I could post more information about the internals of the gun.

Yeah, do that, it’s 9pm here, so won’t be replying until the morning 😂

So i tested the original mag lip and it still had the same problems.

I ended up taking out the trigger system and I don't think I see any problems there. I took pictures incase someone else can identify if there is.

I put the gun back together and surprisingly it works less than half the time when racking it after putting the mag in, but only when the barrel is faced downward. Maybe the force gravity is helping reset the hammer when the recoil buffer returns upward. Is there a way I can make the spring stronger?

IMG_5505.HEIC IMG_5506.HEIC IMG_5507.HEIC

Can’t see your pics, sorry.

Making the recoil spring stronger is only masking the problem.

Have you checked the recoil spring rod to see if it’s bent? Tolerances are extremely tight on this gun, even the tiniest of damage or wear can stop it working.

Have you tried it with a gassed and loaded mag?

If you drop me a PM, it might be easier to chat over WhatsApp message

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi all, 

just purchased a used kwa vector which is stock. loving it already but just wondering if there are any essential upgrades or parts for this thing that I should get. thanks in advance  max

hi all, 

just purchased a used kwa vector which is stock. loving it already but just wondering if there are any essential upgrades or parts for this thing that I should get. thanks in advance  max

One of the best additions is the maple leaf/ra tech hop up chamber and barrel. There are several upgrades available but seriously keep it stock and you’ll be happy. It is a great gun out of the box. Better spend the money on mags.

9 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

One of the best additions is the maple leaf/ra tech hop up chamber and barrel. There are several upgrades available but seriously keep it stock and you’ll be happy. It is a great gun out of the box. Better spend the money on mags.

@Mixwell  Unfortunately, you won’t find one anywhere. Airsoft Engenuity make a very good fixed hop kit that allows you to use standard GBB barrels.

Collect as many spares as you can, ask as many questions as you can, don’t lose the torch plug.

Take it apart and learn how it works, otherwise you won’t be able to fix it when it breaks (it’s a gas gun, they all break)

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

@Mixwell  Unfortunately, you won’t find one anywhere. Airsoft Engenuity make a very good fixed hop kit that allows you to use standard GBB barrels.

Collect as many spares as you can, ask as many questions as you can, don’t lose the torch plug.

Take it apart and learn how it works, otherwise you won’t be able to fix it when it breaks (it’s a gas gun, they all break)

thanks for the heads up..I think the torch plug is still in there, what happens if not??. I paid £150 with one mag and it's barely been used. Hoping I havnt picked up a lemon lol  am i going to find it difficult to get spares for it. what parts would you recommend getting for spares. really appreciate your help guys, thankyou 

1 hour ago, Mixwell said:

thanks for the heads up..I think the torch plug is still in there, what happens if not??. I paid £150 with one mag and it's barely been used. Hoping I havnt picked up a lemon lol  am i going to find it difficult to get spares for it. what parts would you recommend getting for spares. really appreciate your help guys, thankyou 

Definetly get hold a spare sear set if you can find  any, i also second the airsoft enginuity hop set over the maple leaf one , ive had both and seem to have more luck with the fixed hop. as RDB said dont lose the torch plug or thats it gone forever!!!!!! Spare hammers and springs come up time to time from kwa themselves in the US. Everything else should last pretty well. TTake it apart learn how everything works its a very finnicky trigger set if it isnt all  absolutley perfect youll have issues, but they arent too complicated to fix when they do go down :) 

Also would reccoment getting a Gen 2 Style trigger from Rhesus which converts it to a normal style trigger which feels nicer to shoot. (also adds the benifit of being able to tune the trigger pull.)

Other than that look after it and enjoy it :) 

4 hours ago, Dan1712 said:

Definetly get hold a spare sear set if you can find  any, i also second the airsoft enginuity hop set over the maple leaf one , ive had both and seem to have more luck with the fixed hop. as RDB said dont lose the torch plug or thats it gone forever!!!!!! Spare hammers and springs come up time to time from kwa themselves in the US. Everything else should last pretty well. TTake it apart learn how everything works its a very finnicky trigger set if it isnt all  absolutley perfect youll have issues, but they arent too complicated to fix when they do go down :) 

Also would reccoment getting a Gen 2 Style trigger from Rhesus which converts it to a normal style trigger which feels nicer to shoot. (also adds the benifit of being able to tune the trigger pull.)

Other than that look after it and enjoy it :) 

thanks for that, really appreciate it. I've just ordered the fixed hop unit from airsoft enginuity, wasnt sure which degree maple to go for...any suggestions. I'll hunt for a trigger sear set now, I've managed to download a manual for it online, any recommendations on cleaning, I'm aware that GBBR need more love and attention, my tippman hpa m4 would probably run on dirt, that thing is an indestructible beast lol. also, what gas would you recommend I use, the guy I bought it from had some 3.0 red, i normally use 2.0 green. Tha is again for your friendly advice, most appreciated.  Max 😀😀😀 I'm a vector converter now lol 

@Mixwell how the f. Did you only pay £150 lol, that’s about one third the price it should have been, nice one 👍🏻

Run it on Green or HPA, anything stronger than green will wear it prematurely and/or blow up your nozzle.

As Dan says, the sears a tree tricky to get hold of. Full auto is still  available, but I don’t think you’ll find semi or burst sears, nor the primary sear, but let us all know if you do 😎

No matter what FPS you’ll have, use green autobot bucking if you’re going to have the fixed hop up, also pair it with a crazy jet inner barrel. Make sure you have spare nozzle, hammer spring and few nozzle springs.

4 hours ago, jsmithski said:

No matter what FPS you’ll have, use green autobot bucking if you’re going to have the fixed hop up, also pair it with a crazy jet inner barrel. Make sure you have spare nozzle, hammer spring and few nozzle springs.

thanks for that info, really appreciate. I'm gonna get the airsoft engenuity carbon fibre loading nozzle assembly today, any ideas where to get spare springs etc. I also dont think the gun has been used for a while, any tips on what to clean and lubricate with this gun as I'm reluctant to use it properly until I know it's nice any clean. Any help greatly appreciated 😀

2 hours ago, Mixwell said:

thanks for that info, really appreciate. I'm gonna get the airsoft engenuity carbon fibre loading nozzle assembly today, any ideas where to get spare springs etc. I also dont think the gun has been used for a while, any tips on what to clean and lubricate with this gun as I'm reluctant to use it properly until I know it's nice any clean. Any help greatly appreciated 😀

The nozzle is great, but you need to fettle it, and you’ll need to adjust it to set up your fps.

Its a great piece of kit (admission, I helped test the prototypes), but you will need a bit of skill to set it up

Separate the receivers, take out the recoil buffer and bolt, and clean them and the inner guide rails. Very light lubrication when you reassemble it

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

The nozzle is great, but you need to fettle it, and you’ll need to adjust it to set up your fps.

Its a great piece of kit (admission, I helped test the prototypes), but you will need a bit of skill to set it up

Separate the receivers, take out the recoil buffer and bolt, and clean them and the inner guide rails. Very light lubrication when you reassemble it

thanks for the reply, appreciated. So I'm aiming to use the vector for cqb primarily, how much fettling and adjustment  is needed to get it to shoot around a Joule. I currently use 0.3g for my other guns so will likely just use the  same ammo, unless you recommended anything else.  Thanks for the tips on cleaning, I'll get straight to that before I start using it. My impression is that you certaintly know your stuff with these vectors, are you UK based (really hoping so lol) Thanks again 

12 hours ago, Mixwell said:

thanks for the reply, appreciated. So I'm aiming to use the vector for cqb primarily, how much fettling and adjustment  is needed to get it to shoot around a Joule. I currently use 0.3g for my other guns so will likely just use the  same ammo, unless you recommended anything else.  Thanks for the tips on cleaning, I'll get straight to that before I start using it. My impression is that you certaintly know your stuff with these vectors, are you UK based (really hoping so lol) Thanks again 

Yes bud, SE Essex.

You’ll need to fit Lees Precision MP7 fps reducers, or Airsoft Engenuity’s adjustable nozzle To get to 1j.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.