KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

Nasro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Fizzyfeelgd said:

yeah was pretty upset when my mate broke it, making him feel super guilty hahaha, the white vectors on the early post look mint - been wanting to do like a digital camo pain job on mine for ages just need to get an air brush

You'll get very good at taking them apart and fixing them in no time if you use it alot 😏😂

So it has a CQB valve in it (no flutes), what gas was he using?

If the nozzle return spring and/or mount  has been damaged, you’re buggered, you can’t get them anymore

565F3E37-B4C0-4802-A8BB-59CBB93EC49A.thumb.jpeg.d580931ef12ef98b63fc7859540760c4.jpeg

Managed to take it apart. Novice for this so question does it look like it can be salvaged? 

C544B13F-FF18-42B5-B672-D910FAACDDE0.jpeg

0823FD90-7153-43B5-835B-691F26435A95.jpeg

B2D2E870-5CE3-4BC1-8069-D5BD27F9A726.jpeg

I run it on propane and it has silicon oil put on the gas bit every 6-8 refills but I honestly don’t know what he did when he borrowed it if he followed my instructions or not so don’t know if he let the gas run dry without the oil or not. I suspect he let it run dry 

F19B7DBB-3AD2-47B7-A397-D0790537F77C.jpeg

You could try epoxying the front

part of the nozzle back together, or plastic weld it, but otherwise no, you need a new front piece

Drop me a PM, I’ll see what bits I have when I get home tonight

John

You could try epoxying the front

part of the nozzle back together, or plastic weld it, but otherwise no, you need a new front piece

Drop me a PM, I’ll see what bits I have when I get home tonight

John

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Would not run it on anything more powerful that standard green gas, as you can see the nozzle is delicate and will stress fail over time.

Ok well I glued it reassembled it and it works again but little bit sceptical about how long it will last so might switch it out when that 3D printing one arrives on Monday. And then look at changing from straight propane to green gas 

5 minutes ago, Fizzyfeelgd said:

Ok well I glued it reassembled it and it works again but little bit sceptical about how long it will last so might switch it out when that 3D printing one arrives on Monday. And then look at changing from straight propane to green gas 

Straight propane should be ok it mainly what GG is if anything GG probably has more umph

7 minutes ago, Fizzyfeelgd said:

This is the gas I use and I put a couple drops of silicon oil in the top before filling 

E86A1DE6-1B1A-47D1-9878-476D742913CD.png

Other than smelling shit that should be fine 

Just now, Davegolf said:

Thanks for that, already had mags inbound from Rainbow8 :D

Whats the hottest Nuprol gas you can run in these?

Green, safely. The nozzle walls are very thin, to get it inside the real steel sized bolt and still maintain enough gas to fire.

With Airsoft Engenuity’s nozzle you MIGHT  be able to reliably use Red, but why? 

I’ve seen first hand the results of running them on red, black and too high HPA, and in all cases the nozzle blew apart. 

With the HPA, the nozzle tip destroyed the hop assembly, but otherwise it’s just the nozzle as far as I ha e experienced

On 20/09/2019 at 12:51, rocketdogbert said:

Yup, perfect

Hey bud. Love your builds. I'm about to become a KWA vector owner. Any chance you can help point my to the recommended accessories for the vector, especially the handguard extension and tracer units/other recommended parts? A lot of the links in the previous pages are either broken or no longer in stock.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, the3rdlegion said:

Hey bud. Love your builds. I'm about to become a KWA vector owner. Any chance you can help point my to the recommended accessories for the vector, especially the handguard extension and tracer units/other recommended parts? A lot of the links in the previous pages are either broken or no longer in stock.

Thanks!

There is very little by way of parts for the KWA, you might want to try Airsoft Engenuity nozzles and hop units, anything barrel mounted has to be 16mm cw thread.

Handguard extensions, everything meant for the Krytac Vector or Real Steel will fit the KWA. You may have to remove the torch mount to fit some of them. RS steel parts normally have to come from the US, but @BigBlackGlock has some available at the moment.

The two biggest things that break are the semi-auto sear and the nozzle, there are no short mags available world-wide

@Davegolf is thinking about machining some parts

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

There is very little by way of parts for the KWA, you might want to try Airsoft Engenuity nozzles and hop units, anything barrel mounted has to be 16mm cw thread.

Handguard extensions, everything meant for the Krytac Vector or Real Steel will fit the KWA. You may have to remove the torch mount to fit some of them. RS steel parts normally have to come from the US, but @BigBlackGlock has some available at the moment.

The two biggest things that break are the semi-auto sear and the nozzle, there are no short mags available world-wide

@Davegolf is thinking about machining some parts

Torch mount? Like I just gotta take off the flashlight cover cap? Or is there more work involved? Sorry I'm an American so I'm not as familiar with some of the terminology haha.

Do you have a specific handguard that you would recommend?

Also any ideas on what to do if I want an Osprey/boxy style tracer unit for the gun?

8 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

Torch mount? Like I just gotta take off the flashlight cover cap? Or is there more work involved? Sorry I'm an American so I'm not as familiar with some of the terminology haha.

Do you have a specific handguard that you would recommend?

Also any ideas on what to do if I want an Osprey/boxy style tracer unit for the gun?

Sorry, the flashlight plug, you need to remove the two screws in the top rail at the front, and remove the whole assembly for most rails. The only ones I know you don’t are the Mk9 & Mk11 genuine KRISS rails.

As for tracer units, I’d recommend the Angry Gun style designed for the Krytac, but you will need to modify the thread fitting

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.