KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

Nasro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bit more work on the HPA & remote mag.

I learned:

Redline SFR regulator is superb.

It is possible to use a manual wind hi-cap mag, as long as you replace the spring with something stronger (I used an Element spring).

Using a manual wind, you only get about 20 shots until you have to wind again. And with a 750mm bowden cable, it takes so much winding to get the the right pressure on the bb’s, my thumb wore out and now no longer works the finger print ID on my phone :)

In addition to that, the pressure starts to stretch the cable.

Next steps, get an electric box mag, change the motor and spring, get a quick disconnect for the bowden cable, try different covers to protection for the bowden cable.

Can you tell  I like building stuff? :D

Ny7rh3a.jpg

And done. Got some advice on a remote mag, played with the Bowden cable length, I now have a working system, HPA AND huge amounts of ammo lol

wjZaxSh.jpg

0MLsjtP.jpg

• Supporters
On 27/03/2018 at 6:38 PM, rocketdogbert said:

And done. Got some advice on a remote mag, played with the Bowden cable length, I now have a working system, HPA AND huge amounts of ammo lol

wjZaxSh.jpg

0MLsjtP.jpg

I can’t seem to PM you @rocketdogbert, could you pm me a couple of details about this? Looking for something similar on a pistol of mine, just want to get some advise from someone who has done it!

2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I can’t seem to PM you @rocketdogbert, could you pm me a couple of details about this? Looking for something similar on a pistol of mine, just want to get some advise from someone who has done it!

Sorry about that, message box was full, whoops! Will pm you now

• 2 weeks later...

I personally own a Krytac, and I love it's performance but I'm more of a collector and I'm desperate for a KWA GBB!

What are your thoughts on this, should I try to swap out my Krytac for the KWA, get the Hephaestus recoil kit and some real steel parts?

I mean I don't really use my AEG because I have better alternatives, also could someone give me tips on how to go about getting a KWA :D and should I swap my AEG for the GBB? Many thanks

I’ve sent you a PM on zero in mate, but I don’t think you’re going to get anyone to swap an AEG for a KWA Vector, always worth an ask though 

My Krytac

KFVZZha.jpg

Got my new sight through which was needed to match the height of the flip to side 3x mag and I am much happier with the setup - thanks RocketDogBert for your original guidance way back when.

Will be using this at Urban Assault this weekend so will see if it plays as well as it looks.  Used it without sights last time around (literally picked it up at the last game) and still managed to get some good hits and a few howls of pain.

Have lined up the red dot which had me shooting through the holes in the side of an incinerator garden bin from around 10 metres very accurately indeed.  Happy days.  Not sure if these stay lined up between uses and or over time - anyone got any views?

A friend brought his son round who is interested in getting into Airsoft.  15 minutes of play on the Vector more than sold him. He's now gone out and kitted himself up with some starter gear and has already played a couple of games with Red 1 Airsoft (just doing my bit for the Airsoft economy).  I will be playing with them myself in the next month or so as they are my local setup.  Will let you know what they are like.

Til then have fun.

Ken

2018-04-10_12_08_25.jpg

Right then gents.

Considering improving range and accuracy over range for my Krytac.  Can I ask what upgrades have proved successful in terms of barrels and or hops, etc, for anyone that has gone this path already.

Thanks

ken

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, rocketdogbert said:

All done, few teething problems at the range today, but now robust and working perfectly, 8-9 rps which I’m happy with

9OQoGpS.jpg

Setup looks great bud. Lot of trial and error in the end?

1 hour ago, Codenamebald said:

Got my new sight through which was needed to match the height of the flip to side 3x mag and I am much happier with the setup - thanks RocketDogBert for your original guidance way back when.

Will be using this at Urban Assault this weekend so will see if it plays as well as it looks.  Used it without sights last time around (literally picked it up at the last game) and still managed to get some good hits and a few howls of pain.

Have lined up the red dot which had me shooting through the holes in the side of an incinerator garden bin from around 10 metres very accurately indeed.  Happy days.  Not sure if these stay lined up between uses and or over time - anyone got any views?

A friend brought his son round who is interested in getting into Airsoft.  15 minutes of play on the Vector more than sold him. He's now gone out and kitted himself up with some starter gear and has already played a couple of games with Red 1 Airsoft (just doing my bit for the Airsoft economy).  I will be playing with them myself in the next month or so as they are my local setup.  Will let you know what they are like.

Til then have fun.

Ken

2018-04-10_12_08_25.jpg

Right then gents.

Considering improving range and accuracy over range for my Krytac.  Can I ask what upgrades have proved successful in terms of barrels and or hops, etc, for anyone that has gone this path already.

Thanks

ken

Setup looks great bud. Lot of trial and error in the end?

Yep, runs great, cheers

59 minutes ago, Duff said:

Why in the fuck would you need a 3x scope on an SMG?

Honestly, do any of us need scopes lol.

Having said that, I target shoot and find them really helpful ha ha

rdb

Will most likely flip the 3x to the side for cqb and outdoor close quarters but I am toying with the idea of getting a sniper so will still come in handy.

On 12/04/2018 at 11:55, rocketdogbert said:

Yep, runs great, cheers

Honestly, do any of us need scopes lol.

Having said that, I target shoot and find them really helpful ha ha

rdb

I'll be honest, the mild satisfaction I got from lining up the Eotech red dot so that I can quite literally ping a bb into a 2cm wide hole on the side of my incinerator from 10m ish was worth while.  Perhaps I need to take up target work too!!!!  either that or I need to get out more.

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cough cough

2Tkejxs.jpg

lovely looking piece of kit that, looks very familiar.  Do like that drum mag you built - are those available from Evike now as a finished item or is it still self-build?

23 minutes ago, Codenamebald said:

lovely looking piece of kit that, looks very familiar.  Do like that drum mag you built - are those available from Evike now as a finished item or is it still self-build?

Cheers. Evike website is saying some time in May for their mag

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cheers. Evike website is saying some time in May for their mag

ok - so do you know if that is that the mag and drum as one or still have to build?

Didn't think it was clear when I last looked.

Ken

On 12/04/2018 at 12:55, rocketdogbert said:

Thanks RDB. I see. So it is a complete unit but that has variants as per mag spec. Might be my next purchase then before the sniper.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is the gas vector thread but i picked up my Krytac yesterday and sooo happy with how it feels. It sits just right when shouldered and cant wait to use it!!..

Need some inspiration on what to do to it (externally) as im torn between the compactness of it or doing DMR stlyee like some of the ones in here.

Well, you’ve come to the right place.

unfortunately, all of the real steel parts from KRISS have been confirmed ITAR now, so getting them out of the States will be an issue.

One of my KWA’s is now in CQB spec, with HPA, which I really like, but I am toying with converting one of the others to a more carbine/dmr spec.

I think this makes a nice compromise 

3DFD016E-CD3D-4EB0-940E-F678685A76E6.jpeg

Yeah I like that.. trouble is the gun can go either way and still look great!!

I will keep it short for the first few games at the mall, but now I also have the EVO I may turn the vector into a longer beast for outdoor games.

Just need to find some good looking front ends for it!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.