V2 Gear Box Lock Up

J4ck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my dad has recently purchased new air parts for his rifle, he brought a new piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head and a new air nozzle. He also got a new HS motor.

I installed all of the new parts but had some trouble. 

The gun will fully cycle a few times but after a few rounds the piston would be pulled back but released very delayed. This would happen for 3 or 4 more cycles then the piston would be locked back and wouldn't return until the gearbox was opened.

My first thought was that the HS motor was too fast for the gearbox and was throwing the gears out of cycle. 

I also though that maybe it had something to do with the tappet plate as all the air parts were upgraded but the tappet plate was not. Additional the plate was fully seated in the new cylinder head. Would this have something to do with the lock up?

Any help would be muchly appreciated as we have a game booked for just after Christmas. If you need anymore info or have any question just let me know,

Cheers, Jack.

What motor, battery and gearing? Does the motor or battery get hot? Did you check that the piston runs freely in the gearbox when it's screwed together?

At the moment the only thing I can think of is that the spring guide is being installed crooked which will cause the piston to jam. Double check that the tabs are properly engaging in the slots in the gearbox. Also check that the spring guide hasn't started to come unscrewed if it's a steel, assembled type. I've had this happen which allowed the spring to get jammed in the gap caused, binding the piston.

Also as you put the gearbox halves back together, push the piston back with something inserted through the air nozzle to ensure its correctly seated on its rails.

The motor terminals arr very flimsy and i think they are falling off causing the gearbox to not fully cycle. Hmmm not sure... 

Going to get beefier connectors and try again...

Archived