After a new primary

Pritch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which new primary?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which new primary?

• Tippmann M4
    • Krytac
    • Scorpion evo

I'd set my mind on a Tippmann M4 originally but I have noticed that krytacs are super popular and wonder would i be missing out? And just to complicate it I've also seen how popular the ASG scorpion and how popular that is.

So HPA recoil or highly popular AEG?

Its important to noe that I play outdoor mainly so unless the Scorpion is a dark horse i'm guessing it wouldn't be too suited.

Thanks

I’ll let you know how the scorpion fairs at the weekend as I’ve just picked one up. It seems very nice. Don’t fall for the Smg is no good for outdoors thing. If it’s shooting 350 and has a barrel bigger than day 130mm you’re good. I’ve seen TM mp7’s shoot 50m happily and they’re tiny. AEG’s are very convenient, unlike GBBR’s. I believe the Tippmann can run aeg mags? It all comes down to if you want a hose and and tank attached to you or not. No idea on the krytac. Some say they’re sh*t, some say they’re the best thing since sliced bread. 

34 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ll let you know how the scorpion fairs at the weekend as I’ve just picked one up. It seems very nice. Don’t fall for the Smg is no good for outdoors thing. If it’s shooting 350 and has a barrel bigger than day 130mm you’re good. I’ve seen TM mp7’s shoot 50m happily and they’re tiny. AEG’s are very convenient, unlike GBBR’s. I believe the Tippmann can run aeg mags? It all comes down to if you want a hose and and tank attached to you or not. No idea on the krytac. Some say they’re sh*t, some say they’re the best thing since sliced bread. 

Yeah you can run AEG mags on the tippmann. You've raised some good points and I'll look forward to hearing your opinion on it.

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I’ll let you know how the scorpion fairs at the weekend as I’ve just picked one up. It seems very nice. Don’t fall for the Smg is no good for outdoors thing. 

Yeah, I see a lot of Scorpions (and Vectors) on my woodland site, it's not exactly an open map, but they all rave about the hop up on their SMGs being so good lol. So will be nice to see if it actually is as good as they say.
Krytacs have a lot of reputation for being a great high end weapon choice, especially for straight out of the box performance (I'm getting a Krytac Trident Mk2 CRB in January, so I'll be able to confirm this then lol). But they also have a reputation (at least at my site) for being a gun that once it starts breaking, keep breaking. Which I imagine will be a pain, but hey, we all have to learn how to fix our guns at some point right?

Now we just a Tippmann M4 user to come and add to this lol.

I own a tippmann cqb and I love the thing. Yes is has some faults which can easily be fixed but for pure joy when you shoot it.I have not used anything else that gives me a smile like the tippmann does. If you run a sling then you will not even notice the air line if routed correctly. Once it set up there is not alot that can outrange it but it does take some setting up to get it right. Single shot is where this rifle really rocks though. Also no batteries which makes playing in the rain more fun as well lol.

Scorpions are good guns as well but even they have there issues.

Personally I would go with the one you like the look of the most and worry about issues once bought.

30 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Yeah, I see a lot of Scorpions (and Vectors) on my woodland site, it's not exactly an open map, but they all rave about the hop up on their SMGs being so good lol. So will be nice to see if it actually is as good as they say.
Krytacs have a lot of reputation for being a great high end weapon choice, especially for straight out of the box performance (I'm getting a Krytac Trident Mk2 CRB in January, so I'll be able to confirm this then lol). But they also have a reputation (at least at my site) for being a gun that once it starts breaking, keep breaking. Which I imagine will be a pain, but hey, we all have to learn how to fix our guns at some point right?

Now we just a Tippmann M4 user to come and add to this lol.

Yeah i am concerned that they can’t be that amazing as I’ve come to learn the hard way that I’m airsoft nothing is perfect and everything breaks.

thanks for the reply!

5 minutes ago, Mike W said:

I own a tippmann cqb and I love the thing. Yes is has some faults which can easily be fixed but for pure joy when you shoot it.I have not used anything else that gives me a smile like the tippmann does. If you run a sling then you will not even notice the air line if routed correctly. Once it set up there is not alot that can outrange it but it does take some setting up to get it right. Single shot is where this rifle really rocks though. Also no batteries which makes playing in the rain more fun as well lol.

Scorpions are good guns as well but even they have there issues.

Personally I would go with the one you like the look of the most and worry about issues once bought.

Hmm this is very helpful, I think you might have tipped it for me, as airsoft is a hobby and we do it to have fun so I should really choose the option that is the most fun!

thanks for the reply!

Archived