Tm mws m4 gbb VS Any aeg of similar price or lower

Willet-will
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tm mws m4 gbb VS Any aeg of a similar or lower price (£420-£550)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think is the better option?

• Tm mws m4 gbb
    • Any aeg of a similar or lower price (Specify in comments!)
    • SPECIAL OPTION : Cheap £5 springer pistol

^^ that’s weird... I started before you replied and we basically said the same thing...

You need to ask yourself if your play style is compatible with a gbbr. TM recoils are considered one of the best aeg’s out there. I had a modded Scar H and sold it because the mws (to me at least) is better. But if you can’t deal with the 35 round mags, or the weight of 5 or so of them strapped to you, then maybe It’s not for you. I run Gbbr exclusively (although I’ve just bought a scorpion to see what all the fuss is about. 

Ermmmmmm...

MWS.

If not for you, sell it on, will hold value well. 

• Head Moderator

This:

If you're a more calculated or realistic shooter MWS all the way.

The MWS will shoot more accurately at distance than a Recoil.

If you like to go through your ammo a bit more, assault more often or cover fire, or have more options in style of gun etc then get a Recoil.

Yes. They are releasing a type 89 with 3rd burst and a 3 gun style m4 with 20round style mags. Personally I don’t like the look of it. Better to buy the base model and add your own stock and rail. They currently do an m4a1, cqbr, and MWS. They all function and perform identical. Only difference is outer barrel length and furniture. 

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Yes. They are releasing a type 89 with 3rd burst and a 3 gun style m4 with 20round style mags. Personally I don’t like the look of it. Better to buy the base model and add your own stock and rail. They currently do an m4a1, cqbr, and MWS. They all function and perform identical. Only difference is outer barrel length and furniture. 

Okay thanks Wo1f

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Willet-will said:

I'm thinking on turning the tm mws into a DMR.

will it work?

Why?  No point taking a perfectly good TM gun and then downgrading it.

You won't be disappointed Willet-will :)

Actually pretty damn good DMR base thanks to the joule creep, consistent FPS and hop unit.

Get as much of your FPS boost as you can from barrel length for less noise, more joule creep and better gas efficiency ;)

Don't get the fascination of 'DMR' within airsoft tbh. Is it the new YouTube airsoft buzzword?! Do they really out range other rifle platforms or are they just longer rifs compensating for something else? 

By all means build up a cheapish rif platform to make a nice piece, but with a MWS you essentially have a finished article that will shoot as far as most rifs you will encounter. At most, a tight bore barrel and hop rubber could improve it, but is it worth the risk of letting the TM magic pixie dust escaping?! 

53 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Don't get the fascination of 'DMR' within airsoft tbh. Is it the new YouTube airsoft buzzword?! Do they really out range other rifle platforms or are they just longer rifs compensating for something else? 

By all means build up a cheapish rif platform to make a nice piece, but with a MWS you essentially have a finished article that will shoot as far as most rifs you will encounter. At most, a tight bore barrel and hop rubber could improve it, but is it worth the risk of letting the TM magic pixie dust escaping?! 

Im not planning on changing any of the internals , just the inner barrel and furniture of the gbb

as I plan on having the stock outer barrel to be covered up by the handguard so I can use other methods of hiding the inner barrel.

The TM magic pixie dust should still be there though I do plan on doing some green gas mod work :P

Hey have any of you guys heard of an app called Gunstruction?

its basically a 3D gun constructer where you can build up guns and see what they will look like before you purchase anything and it's Free!

(it's what I have been using to decide on how I want my tm to look like)

Ha, I completely get what you are saying Dentonboy and you are right the MWS does best most AEGs out the box, very satisfying I must say!

The increased FPS be it only 50-90 makes a big difference in the weight of BB you use with gas, and therefore better accuracy and consistency thanks to them not being deviated so badly by wind etc.

Also most take their hits better as lighter BBs don't impact that hard at 40-50M usually.

Because of that hat along with other GBBRs, the MWS is the best candidate for a DMR to make the MED rule and Semi only worthwhile.

Plus you could always rock an MP7 or G18 secondary haha!

You do need to swap out the nub at least in the hop unit to lift the heavier weight BBs so you only vent a small amount of TMpixiedust :D

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Ha, I completely get what you are saying Dentonboy and you are right the MWS does best most AEGs out the box, very satisfying I must say!

The increased FPS be it only 50-90 makes a big difference in the weight of BB you use with gas, and therefore better accuracy and consistency thanks to them not being deviated so badly by wind etc.

Also most take their hits better as lighter BBs don't impact that hard at 40-50M usually.

Because of that hat along with other GBBRs, the MWS is the best candidate for a DMR to make the MED rule and Semi only worthwhile.

Plus you could always rock an MP7 or G18 secondary haha!

You do need to swap out the nub at least in the hop unit to lift the heavier weight BBs so you only vent a small amount of TMpixiedust :D

Do you think it's even worth going the dmr route? Or is it really that more effective at long ranges?

Buy one, try it with various gases and bb weights and go from there. 

With my stock MWS and (albeit RS)  ACOG I was getting hits at Battle Lakes the other month that I didn't think possible. 

Archived