Which gbb do you think is best?

Willet-will
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

GHK AK47 AKM Gas Rifle Vs Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBB  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think is better?

• GHK AK47 AKM Gas Rifle
    • Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBB

As much as I love GHK, I would have to say the TM M4 out of those two options. GHK AKs seem to inherently have hop issues which can't seem to be solved. Apart from that, they are pretty cool.

On the other hand, if you said GHK M4 vs TM M4... GHK all the way. Steel internals out of the box, best gas efficiency I have seen on a GBBR (especially their new lightweight GMAGs), amazing kick and realistic takedown/mechanism. Their new v2 M4 is probably the best GBBR you can currently get and has a wide variety of officially licenced stamped receivers. Also quite a few alternative parts from companies such as Hephaestus, RATech and Angry Gun (fire selectors, triggers, etc). Spares are also readily available in the very unlikely event that you would need them from Samoon (GHK). Magazines hold 40rnds as opposed to the 35 of the MWS (IIRC), and you also have the option to do the "DevilHunter" mod if you want to convert the magazines to run off of Co2. GHK M4 just has a lot more to offer.

As much as it pains me - TM between those 2.  THe GHK AK is a great rifle externally, great gas efficiency, shocking hop up.  I loved mine but it spent more time being fixed and fiddled with than anything else.  If you buy one, heed my advice and leave it the f*ck alone, especially the hop up.

I just wish I'd bought it earlier. 

Just grab magazines as and when you see them. 

I have in front of me as we speak an MWS SBR, MWS DMR, GHK ak74u and a ra-tech forged bodied GHK m4 that I’ve just built. The mws is better in every conceivable way. The only way the GHK ‘trumps’ the MWS is the internals look realistic... that’s it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2017 at 11:01 PM, Wo1f said:

The mws is better in every conceivable way. The only way the GHK ‘trumps’ the MWS is the internals look realistic... that’s it.  

can you give us more info please on why its better? , i love my ghk and would deffo buy another gkh branded gbbr, cant fualt it really  , just wish they would produce something else like G3 series or svd

I think the main win with the MWS / ZET platform is out the box performance.

The MWS has full metal internals, maybe not all steel but the ZET / Marui system is very easy going on its self, I mean less mechanically violent so the lack of full steel parts is a moot point.

I think the GHKs strong points are variety, along with the composite mags and the option of C02.

The limiting factor is that at the moment you are limited to M4 only in Marui.

Having played with a ton of different RIFs I feel that for functionality and actual use / gameplay vs something that looks pretty or unique the AR / M4 platform is right up there.

If you want it to look different etc the AR is so adaptable with an immense range of external parts available. Obviously you can't make it look like an AK haha!

4 hours ago, Careless said:

can you give us more info please on why its better? , i love my ghk and would deffo buy another gkh branded gbbr, cant fualt it really  , just wish they would produce something else like G3 series or svd

The hop design and placement is inferior to the MWS. Depending on what rail you have, there is no way of adjusting the hop.  You can fix the hop with a captain America chamber so it takes vsr barrels and maple leaf buckings.  The bolt lock isn’t as reliable as the MWS.. Gas efficiency is good on both. Stock the GHK kicks a little more.  I’ve got a forged receiver GHK m4 for sale. It’s for sale because while it’s a good gun, it won’t be taking the place of my MWS. 

MWS> GHK........>WE/kwa. 

yea agree about the bolt lock , bolt section that catchs on the mag empty post seems a little soft and slowly starts to round off over time, with a file you can easily straigten it back up {you shouldnt have too i know } , iv heard about removing 1 coil off of the post spring/bolt catch so the post sticks up a little further to catch on a bigger area of the bolt so thats another fix and should help with the rounding off issue..,  hop placement is crap also what i had to do was shave the plastic mouldings off of the side of the hop arm as you could adjust the hop up but it wouldnt actually move back down off of hop because the mouldings were jamming the arm in position, that and sort out the mags, the plugs and valves needed tightening and i found abit of swarf on the sealing face of the knocker valve o-ring, so out the box  its not perfect but once you go through it , its pretty damn decent, looking at my previous post i said "i cant fault it" well it wasnt a lie but you just got to tinker with it first lol

I would highly recommend he green gas mod for the mws, but as above it performs flawlessly out of the box. I do like the GHK, and it is certainly the next best thing, but I’ve got to a point now where I’ve owned that many things and it’s always the same two I take out of the case. Both of them being MWS based. Hence why I’m selling a lot of my stuff

17 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I would highly recommend he green gas mod for the mws, but as above it performs flawlessly out of the box.

green gas mod? im guessing it has a pressure relief valve like what the tm mk23 {needs blanking off } does to prevent fps from being over there {japan} limit? ,

The mod just increases gas capacity is all AFAIK there's no pressure relief valve.

It involves removing the liquid dip tube, personally I shorten the tube rather than remove it entirely as it reduces the chance of a first shot liquid/ice discharge whilst not losing any capacity over fully removing the tube.

Its a simple mag just like a big GBB pistol.

Fill valve and Gas route / exit valve

IDK why it was called the green gas mod as it has no relation to the output / pressure of gas used really

I wouldn't swap my MWS for and airsoft rif out there. Systema, Real Sword, Inokatsu: I can't see myself trading for anything from any of them. 

56 minutes ago, Willet-will said:

Does anyone have any idea on how to make the tm mws look as much as possible like the m4a4 from csgo?

Swap the stock for a crane stock and put in a shorter inner and outer barrel (if you have the longer one). Could also paint a skin onto it.

Or buy the mws cqbr that looks almost identical. If you’re that set on the rail, I’m sure they can be had for £50

Archived