Defcon Airsoft

LightningCh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I have used the search function and there was 1 topic before this one on Defcon airsoft, and it's from May and it's not really usable... So instead, I'm making this new one because I'm going there in person in the new year.

But until then, I thought I would share my experience with their online status.
So firstly, the website itself:

• Simple
  • Reliable
  • Updated often
  • Easy to navigate
  • And they have recently added a notification system that pops up saying who just bought what item. (seeing a lot of G&G CM16 Raiders 2.0 w/ETU selling, alongside a lot of Glock mags and Nuprol N-mag midcaps)

As for contacting them?
I haven't used the phone number yet (as I'm terrible with phone calls), nor have I contacted their onsite tech (although a friend reckons he is really helpful and friendly). 
But Paul, the admin email guy, has been fantastic.

Super friendly

Rapid responses if they are open when you are email (I had a conversation over email with him with 10 or so emails, in under 30 minutes).

Next day responses at least.
Informative
AND he has put up with all my annoying questions really well lol.

As far as their online site goes, these guys look like a really easy place to buy from, and they are based in Stoke if anyone was wondering.

Anyway, I will update this topic with the edit regarding my in person store visit when it happens, but for now, if anyone else has anything to say about Defcon airsoft, put it in the replies below for us all :D 

• 4 weeks later...

So I went to Defcon today.
Location is a bit awkward being Stoke, it's on a 1 way road and it's literally just at the end of a housing estate so you have to park in resident's parking (although apparently there is a pay and display parking on the street opposite, didn't personally see it but they said it's there). Other than that there isn't much else to say about the location.

Inside you enter a small hall which leads me to believe the building is a converted terraced house or something similar.
This does mean that it's showroom is tiny! Yet... everything was still on display really well.
It's definitely not the largest store in the world and it's literally advertised outside by a basic sign saying Defcon.

There is a range by the quick glance I saw, whether it's open to public I don't know, I didn't ask (will ask next time)

Staff there were amazing people to deal with. So friendly and honest to deal with. I ended up with 2 of them talking me through the different gun options I had, which led me to buy a G&G Wild Hog 7"
I ended up purchasing everything I wanted within 30 minutes and then spent a further 45 minutes chatting to other customers and the staff.
Although as with most small stores, their organisation was a little bit messy (And I mean, the boxed guns were just stacked up on the floor in no particular order) but this most likely due to the size of the store.

Either way, I can definitely recommend them as a store to use. Even if you go purely to pick up some bbs and have a laugh with the staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently purchased a TM HK45 Tact from them. Had a slight hick up with my UKARA number which was eventually sorted. Kept me some what updated in regards to my two spare mags as they got stuck in customs and then sent to the wrong depo.

Overall good service, just shame things have gone wrong out of their hands in a couple of places:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Unimpressed with these guys. Emailed them regarding their piece of shit Kimera "grenade" being an utter piece of trash, I was polite and was basically told "yeah we sell the bits you lost." Completely ignoring the fact that their product is faulty and that's why half of it is now bloody missing. I have now emailed them to confirm the transaction date as I intend to instruct my credit card company to reverse the payment entirely, I will then post their faulty product back to them and I am half tempted to put it up my ass a few times first for good measure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, LightningCh said:

So I went to Defcon today.
Location is a bit awkward being Stoke, it's on a 1 way road and it's literally just at the end of a housing estate so you have to park in resident's parking (although apparently there is a pay and display parking on the street opposite, didn't personally see it but they said it's there). Other than that there isn't much else to say about the location.

Inside you enter a small hall which leads me to believe the building is a converted terraced house or something similar.
This does mean that it's showroom is tiny! Yet... everything was still on display really well.
It's definitely not the largest store in the world and it's literally advertised outside by a basic sign saying Defcon.

There is a range by the quick glance I saw, whether it's open to public I don't know, I didn't ask (will ask next time)

Staff there were amazing people to deal with. So friendly and honest to deal with. I ended up with 2 of them talking me through the different gun options I had, which led me to buy a G&G Wild Hog 7"
I ended up purchasing everything I wanted within 30 minutes and then spent a further 45 minutes chatting to other customers and the staff.
Although as with most small stores, their organisation was a little bit messy (And I mean, the boxed guns were just stacked up on the floor in no particular order) but this most likely due to the size of the store.

Either way, I can definitely recommend them as a store to use. Even if you go purely to pick up some bbs and have a laugh with the staff.

Patrol base in Huddersfield is in a odd location as well. 

• 2 months later...

Id avoid these people.

I bought the following from these guys on the 30th July:

G&G Predator GC

Lipo

Lipo charger (advertised on backorder)

Bottle of .25 BBs

Nuprol Tracer unit (advertised on backorder)

Transaction was straightforward I was happy with the stuff i wanted being on back order. Soon as I ordered they called me up and said that the Lipo (Nunchuck) battery i needed wasnt in stock and and suggested a stick version which i declined as it doesnt let the stock fully close. Also the charger that was on back order had a cheaper version in (the guy said they were the same just without the brand packaging). It was cheaper so i wanted a refund on the difference along with the battery). 

Literally the next day my available order came. Very fast indeed i was very happy! I opened the box and the gun was very nice. I couldnt try it as i didnt have a battery but that would be here the next day from Amazon (i found a shop had 2 left so got them very cheap in a deal basically 2 for 1). When the batteries came i was set to try the gun. Works very well really happy but then realised that the charging handle wouldnt open the acess to the hop up. I also noticed that the charger plug was also broken. 

I contacted them via phone - where there was never any answer, then via email. Telling them my issues. They phomed me and wanted me to send my gun back at cost to me to be looked at amd repairedor replaced - absolutely no idea why it hadnt been checked before ot left their dispatch; i refused as itd be cheaper to repair the thing myself. I also told them about the plug which they said would be replaced. While on the phone they said that the Nuprol tracer unit wont be back in stock for a while so offered me the Xcoretech one at trade (£48) it is a smaller unit and also fits a pistol; this works perfectly by the way. They said that theyre sorry about the above and said that they will send the other unit out to me along with the plug and some goodies. These took another 6 days or so to come. The goodies that they sent were a 'BMW M16 patch' and a torch that doesnt even work 😂😂😂 

I have sent them multiple emails about the refund (£18 or there abouts) they owe me for the lipo battery and the difference in the cheaper lipo charger, obviously minus the extra cost it was in the tracer unit. Yet i have still not had my refund which they keep saying theyre looking into seeing if its been processed. 

More than likely I will not use these again. Empty promises & unorganized. 

I sent them an email asking them about bringing a g&p sr15 in to them for some repairs/service, trying to get a rough ball park figure.

I was told that my email was forwarded to the tech. 

3 weeks pass, no reply email.

So I email the tech direct, who says can you email the normal email address so that the email can put into a queue system. So I did.

Nearly 2 months later, no reply back, so no custom from me.

Shame because their local to me and I know one of the guys who runs the place, but poor customer service in my experience.

Have had friends use them and get good results buying things from them.

I ordered a G&G Raider 2.0 from them on Tuesday. 

AEG arrives Thursday...but it’s two-tone! Doh!

I ring them up, ask if there’s any issues with my defence or what not, but the guy confirms it’s a genuine mistake. I send them a photo of the invoice so they can look at who checked off the order, and arrange a collection for Friday.

Once the courier arrives and collects the two-tone, I send them a photo of the tracking label and receipt, and they have just sent me out the correctly colored AEG next day Saturday delivery at no extra cost. The gun is now sat in front of me!

Great communication and response from them, and they’ve been really good to deal with. Top marks from me in this instance. Mistakes happen, but it’s always how companies respond that counts IMO. 

12 hours ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

2 more emails sent. No reply. Still no refund.. 

👎

What did you pay by? In regards to the faulty gun, they should of covered the return for it, damaged items consumer rights, seller has to cover return postage.

You have the emails if you need to take it further.

After seeing this I'm reluctant to buy from them now, was going to get a we p virus sentinel nine on finance. 

10 hours ago, Compulsive Reload said:

What did you pay by? In regards to the faulty gun, they shouldn't of covered the return for it, damaged items consumer rights, seller has to cover return postage.

You have the emails if you need to take it further.

After seeing this I'm reluctant to buy from them now, was going to get a we p virus sentinel nine on finance. 

Below is the email. I spoke to them on the phone and i specifically said i wont be sending it back because it would be cheaper for me to fix it myself and the guy said that it was a fair point. 

Still no refund to my bank. Ive also given them the option to send it via PayPal too. They have my number, email amd address if they want to send me a cheque. I know its £18 but im beginning to think that i should have just bought it on my Credit Card so I can recover this money that way. They never answer their phone either. 

Absolute jokers. 

Screenshot_20180818-232231_Outlook.jpg

1 hour ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Below is the email. I spoke to them on the phone and i specifically said i wont be sending it back because it would be cheaper for me to fix it myself and the guy said that it was a fair point. 

Still no refund to my bank. Ive also given them the option to send it via PayPal too. They have my number, email amd address if they want to send me a cheque. I know its £18 but im beginning to think that i should have just bought it on my Credit Card so I can recover this money that way. They never answer their phone either. 

Absolute jokers. 

Screenshot_20180818-232231_Outlook.jpg

Probably should of just returned it as they would be obligated to pay the postage and send a replacement as its defective, if its by PayPal maybe make a claim?

You can also chargeback via paypal if you fund the transaction via a debit card, see what happens for now. Or threaten them down the line.

On 19/08/2018 at 00:29, Compulsive Reload said:

Probably should of just returned it as they would be obligated to pay the postage and send a replacement as its defective, if its by PayPal maybe make a claim?

You can also chargeback via paypal if you fund the transaction via a debit card, see what happens for now. Or threaten them down the line.

Finally got my £18.99 refund today. Absolute jokers will never use them again. (Well unless theres some massive sale on when its worth the bullshit) 

4 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Shame about this as when I contacted them they made it sound as though returns would be paid for if something was dead on arrival. That just leaves Zero One as my option for a Classic Army M249 Mk2 and they'll be away till September. Oh well, waiting it is.

Faulty goods returns should always be covered by the seller, it's consumer rights and essentially the law. Always challenge a seller and always know your rights.

7 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Faulty goods returns should always be covered by the seller, it's consumer rights and essentially the law. Always challenge a seller and always know your rights.

Agreed but as we've all experienced at some time or another getting such rules enforced can be far more effort than it's worth. Classic Army seem to have quality control issues so I want to try and make sure I buy this thing from a retailer that won't mess me around.

• 2 months later...

I have just placed an order with them for two drums for the ARP9, but I only want one.  I have called them and emailed them but no response.  Then I saw this thread......(fingers crossed).

Yeah I ordered a lipo charger from them and only got the confirmation of sale and nothing about when posted. I tried emailing ING them through their website no reply. Charger arrived day before I needed it so good there. Then got a reply 2 weeks later saying they have been having problems with their emails not working. So maybe best to try calling them. 

I had a response and they have been very efficient and helpful, so no issues there.

• 2 months later...

Just used them ordered friday had the guns in my hands tuesday night. Prompt email status updates. Just waiting on a back ordered mag ( I was a aware it was on back ordered when I placed the order)

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.