G&G Kar98?

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not heard too much about this gun, but so far I really like the look of it. There is even a shell ejecting version! I adore realism and I love WW2 so this seems perfect for me, but i just want to be sure. Tell me anything you know about this gun, or even give me any other recommendations for ww2 rifles!

Whilst it is gorgeous externally its practically zero use to skirmish with.  The green gas mags are underpowered and leak like a sieve.  The Co2 mags make the gun way too hot to be legal at any field you may play on.  This is why most WW2 airsoft players have gone with the PPS Kar98k or a springer built off of a VSR10.  Its superbly built and more importantly has an inbuilt NPAS in the bolt to allow you to adjust the FPS.  Mine goes anywhere between 270-500 on green gas, so no need for Co2 at all.

The only issue is finding one of the buggers/and the mags.  I had to make do with a Chiang Kai Shek version which is the chinese copy of the German Gewehr 28 but still very visually similar.  In fact, there is one the same on sale on this very forum currently (not mine).

In short, do not buy the G&G

On 12/13/2017 at 0:22 PM, EvilMonkee said:

Whilst it is gorgeous externally its practically zero use to skirmish with.  The green gas mags are underpowered and leak like a sieve.  The Co2 mags make the gun way too hot to be legal at any field you may play on.  This is why most WW2 airsoft players have gone with the PPS Kar98k or a springer built off of a VSR10.  Its superbly built and more importantly has an inbuilt NPAS in the bolt to allow you to adjust the FPS.  Mine goes anywhere between 270-500 on green gas, so no need for Co2 at all.

The only issue is finding one of the buggers/and the mags.  I had to make do with a Chiang Kai Shek version which is the chinese copy of the German Gewehr 28 but still very visually similar.  In fact, there is one the same on sale on this very forum currently (not mine).

In short, do not buy the G&G

Thanks for the advice! I don't really plan on skirmishing it, but I've heard so many mixed opinions on it. Some people say the wood looks amazing, while some say it looks tacky and fake. In terms of performance I don't mind too much but I would like it to be fairly powerful for a rifle/sniper like gun. Literally cant find the PPS anywhere, nor the tanaka. I also found out that G&G also made an A3 Springfield. Do you know anything about it?

Not really.  The PPS Chiang Kai Shek is on Gunfire currently for £300 or airsofttiger111hk for $259 which is where I got mine.

i brought a shell ejecting kar98 not by g&g but by d bois? i think , its probably the same one though, its terrible! i guess it could be made to shoot ok if you were to mod it but it has no hop up as the seals in the shells is what provides that seal , it sounds and feels pretty good cycling the bolt and watching the shell eject but literally dont bother the moment the shell hits the floor your getting dirt into them seals!  , the wood work and metal work is pretty decent though it makes a good wall hanger! although you would need to sand off the factory spray on varnish finish which obviously looks too good to be on it and add your own , guy at my local has a tanaka kar98 and loves it! it even has proper eagle stamped markings and serial numbers/dates

Yeh the dboys is awful yet popular as people use the stocks to make vsr10 springerd conversions

Archived