How to increase range and accuracy (GBBR)

alexcarr1113
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I've got a stock KJW KC02 GBBR and I'd like to increase my range and improve my accuracy. I'd like to shoot .4g bbs if possible but due to site limits I cant go above 420fps (.2g). What can I do to achieve this? I was thinking tight bore barrel and new hop but I'm a noob at this stuff :lol:. Would it work if I just beefed up the rifle completely then installed an NPAS to lower the fps?

P.S. I am currently firing .32g, but I don't have a chronograph so I guess that info is useless.

Thanks

NPAS to me is always a good shout, best upgrade I made, as I can set mine up to comfortably sit with in 10 to 20fps of site limit allowing for temperature changes during the day, otherwise you always take the risk of a safe gun becoming a hot gun and that usually includes a free insta-site ban.

My G28 GBBR is currently away being fitted for an R-HOP and strip down checking seals etc, which should help, and it was comfortably over lifting .3's with the hop wound all the way off.

One upgrade at a time though, so you get an idea of the effect of each one, as certain combinations may take you over, and others may not make as much of an improvement as you think, but you wouldn't know which one was responsible if you dump a few upgrades in at the same time.

Chrono is worth getting, a decent one can be found for between £50 to £60 on amazon, and they don't exactly go out of date.

Another way to change the FPS in your GBBR is try different gases. During the warmer normal months, I exclusively use Abbey red gas, which has the added benefit of UPL as opposed to silicone and then during winter if the FPS drops a little too much, I swap over to Abbey Vertex Predator. I won't use any other brand outside of Abbey in any of my guns.

On 09/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, elys1ur said:

NPAS to me is always a good shout, best upgrade I made, as I can set mine up to comfortably sit with in 10 to 20fps of site limit allowing for temperature changes during the day, otherwise you always take the risk of a safe gun becoming a hot gun and that usually includes a free insta-site ban.

My G28 GBBR is currently away being fitted for an R-HOP and strip down checking seals etc, which should help, and it was comfortably over lifting .3's with the hop wound all the way off.

One upgrade at a time though, so you get an idea of the effect of each one, as certain combinations may take you over, and others may not make as much of an improvement as you think, but you wouldn't know which one was responsible if you dump a few upgrades in at the same time.

Chrono is worth getting, a decent one can be found for between £50 to £60 on amazon, and they don't exactly go out of date.

Another way to change the FPS in your GBBR is try different gases. During the warmer normal months, I exclusively use Abbey red gas, which has the added benefit of UPL as opposed to silicone and then during winter if the FPS drops a little too much, I swap over to Abbey Vertex Predator. I won't use any other brand outside of Abbey in any of my guns.

Thanks, I'll get the NPAS & chrono first so that any upgrades I put in prior to that I can stop my gun from being hot.

Archived