Newbie from Kent

DorianW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

Sounds like a few others here have a similar story: used to run around the woods with mates equipped with springer pistols and crappy electric MP5's. Took to playing a fair bit of paintball and settled at Top Shot in Sheppey (they did military-styled laser tag on the marshland). However, Top Shot has closed but I still want the fix of wargames.

So airsoft got suggested and after looking into it I've become mildly obsessed! I've bought more gear so far than i realistically should have including a CYMA MP5 with a Swordfish kit, a plate carrier and some face & eye pro.

I'm booked in to Red 1 Chislehurst on 10th December, so if anyone is there give me a shout. Other than that, are there any Kent sites people suggest? I'm based in Medway, so the more central to that the better, but not a requirement. My preference is CQB but I'll play anywhere!

Thanks

Dorian

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

2 hours ago, DorianW said:

Hello all

Sounds like a few others here have a similar story: used to run around the woods with mates equipped with springer pistols and crappy electric MP5's. Took to playing a fair bit of paintball and settled at Top Shot in Sheppey (they did military-styled laser tag on the marshland). However, Top Shot has closed but I still want the fix of wargames.

So airsoft got suggested and after looking into it I've become mildly obsessed! I've bought more gear so far than i realistically should have including a CYMA MP5 with a Swordfish kit, a plate carrier and some face & eye pro.

I'm booked in to Red 1 Chislehurst on 10th December, so if anyone is there give me a shout. Other than that, are there any Kent sites people suggest? I'm based in Medway, so the more central to that the better, but not a requirement. My preference is CQB but I'll play anywhere!

Thanks

Dorian

Hello Dorian. 

Welcome to the money sink. Red 1 Chistlehurst is a fairly small site with varied play. It can be very confusing for new people as they have lots of names for places, but don't necessarily show you where they are on a map. Also on attack/defense style games you are usually restricted into which direction you can attack (Which I cant stand, especially on a site like this lacking width!) 

The fort area is pretty fun. Some of the undergrowth is fairly thick around the fire area, with stinging nettle patches for the brave. 

However it is one of the closest sites to central London and frankly Bunker 51 is not great. So this is a pretty fair place to go to. Games approaching lunchtime and just after are a lot more fun, so make sure you stay the full day. 

Kent has far more airsoft sites then other counties close to London so you are much luckier then me!

Unfortunately I am recovering from Metatarsal fracture so I will not be there on the 10th ;) Have fun!

Thanks for the advice chaps. I am actually playing at Battle Lakes at some point in February, and will probably play UWG a fair bit as I have friends that go there regularly.

Hopefully Red 1 run a day at The Fort, Rochester, in January so I can check that out. That and Darkwater are quite high on my todo list.

• 2 weeks later...

Get down to Ace Combat near Tunbridge Wells. Top site and staff there. 

Archived