New player, Suffolk

Johnymuss11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Name's John I am new here and a complete beginner to airsoft so play nice :)

My current age is 17 and will be 18 at the end of January, I currently attend a certain boarding school near Leicester, meaning that just going out and playing is quite difficult for me, yet airsoft has interested me for quite a while and so I thought I'd rock up here and get some advice.

1st question: I am looking for the best site to play at near/in/around Suffolk, I have just learned what would have been to closest to me would have been Ravens but this has now closed down :( so I am currently looking at Combat airsoft in Thetford, a shame that there isn't anything in Suffolk as transport is a bummer.

2nd question: If I play for a bit and choose to wear my own gear I have in my possession DPM and MTP and all sorts of other camouflage stuff from military and sport shooting associations, just wondering if there is any point to wearing something like this or if jeans, a shirt and overalls are a better match.

3rd question: If I decide I quite like the game and would like to purchase some gear, probably enough to 'Walk on' what are some great starter loadouts you guys can recommend? Considering budget is relatively low but I don't want some rubbish plasticky thing that's going to fall apart pretty quick.

Thanks all in advance,

John

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of the pinned (sticky) topics in each section, they contain some useful information for new players, for example:

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Welcome :).  Have a read of the pinned (sticky) topics in each section, they contain some useful information for new players, for example:

Hi Jedi_Master,

Thanks for the reply, this guide is very useful,

I see that you have played at Tuddenham and UCAP Bunker!

Is that 'Gunman Tuddenham' ? Because I have considered that place as it is relatively near me but seems more expensive than Combat Airsoft. CA being £28 and Tuddenham being at least £55

I have applied for Portsmouth university and so UCAP Bunker is close to that yea?

Are these two sites any good?

Thanks,

John

• Head Moderator

I like UCAP Bunker, very dark and extreme full auto CQB. If you are in Portsmouth then you need to experience it. 

Yes, Tuddenham in Suffolk.  I did not have a very good day there doing a filmsim / milsim light event but the site seemed okay and it is worth a visit. I believe that @djben9 knows it well so can give you a more balanced review.

• Supporters

We went to Tuddenham 2 weeks back, it’s a great site, well run, friendly players, little on the small side to what we are used to playing. Definitely give it a go. 

Morning is woodland/outdoors, afternoon is CQB/building clearing.

17 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I like UCAP Bunker, very dark and extreme full auto CQB. If you are in Portsmouth then you need to experience it. 

Yes, Tuddenham in Suffolk.  I did not have a very good day there doing a filmsim / milsim light event but the site seemed okay and it is worth a visit. I believe that @djben9 knows it well so can give you a more balanced review.

11 minutes ago, Prisce said:

We went to Tuddenham 2 weeks back, it’s a great site, well run, friendly players, little on the small side to what we are used to playing. Definitely give it a go. 

Morning is woodland/outdoors, afternoon is CQB/building clearing.

Thanks both.

John

• Moderators

Hi,

Yes Tuddenham is worth a visit. This time of the year it will probably be more of the road / village area due to the weather

Its a great site, not the biggest but still fun to play at and i try to get there once a month. Even hosted two work night games ;)....and you can have some cracking games there

Its well run and they are hot on safety. Free tea and coffee as well :)

If you cant get to a GMA day, try Team Green Airsoft, they use the site as well and ive been going to their days more as it works out better for me at weekends. They tend to use more props as well so it get a little more interesting!.....still have the chicken song in my head!

Combat Airsoft in Thetford is another good site. Well run. It is based next to the paintball arena as well and you tend to get them ogling your gear!.....Free tea and coffee as well....

This site is mainly woodland, with a few small buildings (more tin sheds). Not sure what its like this time of the year, probably wet under foot. There are days they use the paintball site as well but ive yet to experience it

• 2 months later...

Hey John I'm going to Combat Airsoft next month for my 2nd time with my brother we will be getting our Ukara from there all going well 

I'm in the Yarmouth area if your interested in going to CA again we are going 2 weeks this Sunday 

Pm me here if your interested in meeting or meeting and traveling all together depending on convenience 

Cheers

Hi John,

welcome to the forum.

have you looked at battlestations activities? It’s more out toward Norwich way though, being at snetterton race track.

Cheers

rich

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Jdcolli said:

Yeh I have looked at that place will be giving it a go just wanna get my Ukara outta the way first 

Yeah it can be frustrating having to get somewhere 3 times and the same site, I decided to then UKARA at another site which is easier, Tuddenham , can’t have to many numbers can you :lol: :lol: !! 

Will also consider that site as only another 20mins further than combat on the A11 :)

Archived