Launcher for my M4

Gazmeister
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi Gaz,

I had an m203 on my M4 for a while 

Before this, I can tell you I wanted nothing else in airsoft apart from an M203.

It made the gun look phenomenal. Loved how mean it looked.

AUP7B5t.jpg

But in practical terms, it didn't cut the mustard.

It added so much surplus weight to the front that it was not practical for a game day.

The moscart shells are laughable inefficient.

And I inherited my brother's TAG rounds, but quickly found out that not many sites allow the tag rounds as it's not covered in their insurance (it's an exploding missile). Which is also why my brother got rid of them.

They are great, but I couldn't feasibly justify owning one.

Haha does indeed look mean mate

Was it most of the sites in your neck of the woods that didn’t allow it then? The reaper shells vids in you tube look the absolute nuts! Is it true they are quite accurate ? One review in Airsoft shop webpage was talking about 80m range?

Gaz

• Supporters

Everyone wants a 40mm until they have to carry it out there on the front of the gun all day (where it effectively weighs the most it can).  Tried it, took it off again, as per above and I know loooooads of people who've done the same.

I've tried the TAG stuff as well, at a 45 degree launch angle I'm pretty sure I got the timed detonation rounds to go well over 100m.  As above though you need to contact the sites you'll be playing at, I've never personally seen them used at a regular skirmish, only milsim/big weekenders and some even then don't allow them.  Then if you actually have a place to use them, get a standalone launcher of some kind.  Something like an M79, M320 with a stock, EGLM or M203 with their specific standalone adapters.

Cheers mate, makes sense. (Re the weight)..... 

Maybe the stand alone may make more sense... easier to carry on back then deploy for the situ’s that require it. Was a few yesterday where the tag rounds would have seen our team move through a lot quicker had we had some.

thanks for reply’s anyway lads, appreciated. 

M320 added to M4....and yes its heavy and ive not used it yet.  Like everyone else whos owned a launcher...I got it coz I wanted it.  I suppose at some point I may take it off the rifle and run it on a sling.  ☺  When I have quite a lot of spare cash...I will buy some Tag rounds and the adapter which ive heard is also expensive.

20171130_162712.jpg

8 hours ago, Monkman said:

M320 added to M4....and yes its heavy and ive not used it yet.  Like everyone else whos owned a launcher...I got it coz I wanted it.  I suppose at some point I may take it off the rifle and run it on a sling.  ☺  When I have quite a lot of spare cash...I will buy some Tag rounds and the adapter which ive heard is also expensive.

20171130_162712.jpg

For a tag set up your looking at about £120 (including delivery/cost based off airsoftworld) personally I think that M320's look utterly disgusting on rifles...

I have 2 TM M320s they are incredible. I love the fact you gas up the launcher instead of the grenade it makes it so you can do multiple shots quickly and the shells weigh a tiny amount as they are plastic plus it's TM so you know the quality is top notch.

162TNLj.jpg

• Supporters

My SCAR with its EGLM. Heavy as f*ck to carry around for too long and the shells almost always seem to fail right when you need them the most but it DOES look cool AF.

awdw5gT.jpg

• Supporters
1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

That does look amazing. :)

Having just watched the new Jurassic World trailer, I spotted one being bandied about in that!

As an organiser it sets off alarm bells to me for players to be firing pyro as opposed to throwing pyro.

It would be something that I would want in controlled circumstances, such as a launcher handed over by a Marshall 

I haven’t used or seen Tag explosive rounds in the flesh so can’t comment much

Unless I’ve tried one and gone through the possibilities of it going wrong then I’m wary

In Paintball one of the retailers imported and marketed this type of thing (I think it was the TAG rounds but can’t be sure from memory)

Questions were asked on their safety, and also if they were UK/EU approved for recreation (or even approved at all) and he withdrew them

Bear in mind that in Paintball full face masks are worn, but in airsoft it’s often likely to be glasses only.  This brings more risk to a launched explosive hitting or being close to a face, even if a very minor bang

On the basis of an underslung grenade launcher, they do sound and look cool

but in practice they are a weight with little effect

Unless the game objectives and rules take it into account then they have little use 

I've had a TAG round land right next to me, it was just like an airborn MK5... It was mesmerizing. :D

If you know it's coming you can react. It's only as safe as the way they are deployed; fired in an arc and not directly at someone like a shotgun. I mean you're going for a kill radius rather than a direct hit.

No more dangerous than a MK5 or a BFG (IME).

10 hours ago, DarkAssassin said:

I have 2 TM M320s they are incredible. I love the fact you gas up the launcher instead of the grenade it makes it so you can do multiple shots quickly and the shells weigh a tiny amount as they are plastic plus it's TM so you know the quality is top notch.

162TNLj.jpg

Dude....that is a serioulsy wicked paintjob.  Great setup..

Thanks. Painted by GearTech. You can find him on the forum. Had two done by him now top quality stuff!

Archived