How do you value when selling?

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking at selling a couple of AEGs, a Krytac Vector and a VFC HK416C to be precise. Both have been skirmished once and bought 2 months ago.

However, how do you other sellers go about setting a price?

Im having the dilemma of them basically being brand new Rifs, where I don’t want to high ball the price, or low ball myself either to something someone’s more likely to accept it for cheapness.

• Supporters

^ +1 Probably put them both at 70% initial costs and be prepared to be knocked down. Don’t forget to factor in upgrades/accessories and furniture. If your in a hurry to sell drop the price a little more to 60%, if in no hurry hold your ground.

• Supporters

Initially I try to sell at around 75% of the item value, especially if it's only been used a handful of times. From there I drop the price as I see fit. 

I value it down to usage, current RRP value and availability; nobodies going to buy a heavily used second hand CM16 at full price, or even half if they're lucky. Also depends how much you're willing to part with.

In your case, weapons that have been skirmished once and 2 months old? you're sitting on at least 700-800 their on their Retail value in total; most people would kill to get a vector at around the 300-350 mark, and a little lower for the 416C, especially in their near unused conditions.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, AnotherOopsie said:

I’m looking at selling a couple of AEGs, a Krytac Vector and a VFC HK416C to be precise. Both have been skirmished once and bought 2 months ago.

However, how do you other sellers go about setting a price?

Im having the dilemma of them basically being brand new Rifs, where I don’t want to high ball the price, or low ball myself either to something someone’s more likely to accept it for cheapness.

I made a whole spreadsheet of mine - starting with an original purchase value, then assigning 5 levels of use (new, very good, good, average, heavily used), and giving each level a depreciation multiplier. The result is both measured, and also looks fair to my eyes, and accepted fair from buyers, so I think since it was agreed all round, it worked out pretty well. The levels ranged from 15-65% value loss, with non-weapon items starting with a 25% drop anyway.

21 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I made a whole spreadsheet of mine - starting with an original purchase value, then assigning 5 levels of use (new, very good, good, average, heavily used), and giving each level a depreciation multiplier. The result is both measured, and also looks fair to my eyes, and accepted fair from buyers, so I think since it was agreed all round, it worked out pretty well. The levels ranged from 15-65% value loss, with non-weapon items starting with a 25% drop anyway.

Damn!! Im like, "eeeeer, yeah that'l do" haha

*oh, yeah I would be interested in the Vector too ;) 

Archived