Lipo Battery Wires Disconnected

terminator9272
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Depends whether the tab has broken off the lipo or not. If you very carefully cut back the battery wrapping and take a look at what's left of the connection you'll get a better idea.

If you do decide to try soldering it then you need to be confident that you can work fast, as soaking too much heat into the cell is not going to end well. You will also need special solder and flux as a lot of lipo connection tabs are aluminium.

So it could be fixed, but on balance it's probably easier and safer to buy new battery!

• Supporters

To be honest I'd just shed out the £15 for a new battery. I feel like repairing this could be more trouble than it's worth. 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Gepard said:

To be honest I'd just shed out the £15 for a new battery. I feel like repairing this could be more trouble than it's worth. 

This.

Throw it away, buy a new one. Treat it better. Or better yet, get a Turnigy from Hobby King instead of the VP racing ones.

As long as the tab is not broken it can be fixed by re-soldering it back on, make sure you use a good hi temp capable silver solder, but as stated it would just be easier and safer to buy a new battery. Take the lipo to your local hardware store like b&q or even most Sainsbury's now too and get them to get rid of the battery rather then just chucking it in the bin. 

ATB Marc 

Archived