New Player & Forum Member

Immortal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been lurking in the shadows and reading lot's of helpful info here so I thought I'd join up and say hello and thank you.

I've already learnt a lot from various threads but there's still plenty to take onboard. Don't worry, I know how to use the "Search" feature so I'll do my best not to ask if I can find the answer. Anyway...

Been shooting guns since I could load a Spud Gun (about 35+ years). Mostly airguns but when I get the chance I go for the real steel. M9s, M4s, M249 (my favorite). I used to build custom airguns - some parts I'd make and some where just sourced. Not too different to this hobby/sport really although AEGs seem more like RC cars internally with gears 'n' stuff. I have a small Mill so I'll be making a few more things as and when. If I wasn't shooting in the real world then I've been doing it virtually since the Commodore 64 & Atari... LOL. I thought I may have been a little old for this sport but it seems to attract all ages, thankfully!

I'm new to the sport but only as far as playing. I did the Bunker 51 Zombie day and never looked back - and never went back either as that place smells like death died and clings to you inside & out. Totally gross place and a health hazard! Good fun though.

Now my airsoft guns: I bought my first AK47 AEG 3 days before the VCRA kicked in and I have an old M870. As that was 10 years ago I went and bought a couple of newer guns a few months ago.

From reading here I know there's no love for the brand I chose. I have no issue with it and the gun does what it should. To a degree I think as long as it works as it should, the rest is down to how you use it. Time will tell. I have a Nuprol Delta Sopmod (insert shock horror and rejection here!). It isn't perfect but the issue is only cosmetic being a little movement on the hand guard. The 551 holo bridging the guard to the upper receiver has fixed that till I can replace it with something better. I like it, it's all metal and weighty - not far from the real one in weight which is important to me. Shoots a little lower fps than stated but still has great range and hits hard. No quarms so far and nothing that can't be fixed.

I also have a WE G17 which is good fun. Of course I have my eyes on a few more. My airgun history has left me wanting a Sniper rifle and I've always wanted one of those Mad Max shotguns.

As far as kit; it's all MTP. I like it a lot. I don't see much love for that either so I guess I go against the grain on most things. I like the pattern and colour. The OSPREY vest is top banana although if I didn't already have the soft armour it would look a little daft and baggy. Overkill? Maybe but it's immersion and I always go in balls deep. All or nothing. Do it right or don't bother. Vietnam Tiger Stripe is my other camo.

I play at TWA in Croydon. I just turn up on me jax, no friends that play but when you got a mask on and if the other players are on the ball then we have a great game. Any other players from there here? I've seen a few mention they go there, perhaps I've met you already? Looking to try other sites around London and the South. NAE looks a good'un.

I don't do FB but I like to watch a few tube vids; Kicking Mustang is great to watch if you like that sort of thing.

Bored yet? I think I've said more than enough... :D My future posts will be short! Over and out.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Welcome, with that write-up it seems like I know you already :D

If you can get to Absolute Airsoft Reading this Sunday, would be great to chat with a similar aged chap ;)

Thanks EDcase. Very kind of you to offer. I won't be able to get there this weekend as I'm playing on Saturday which normally cripples me for the week but I'd definitely like to join you on a different day. Probably in the New Year now.

Welcome.

nice write up actually, its better than just Hi from London.... well that's what I wrote I think?

I play at Reading the Mall often, next going on the 10th of December. 

In terms of around London; south i'm not to familiar with, but north/north-east (hertfordshire way) you have AWA, Dragons Lair, Red1 CQB and Tech Brigade to name a few. West, I think DogTag is over that way, along with loads of others that I know nothing about because I dont venture out that far yet.

Try going over to the Gaol, that was fantastic, as (biased view) is the Mall. 

• Supporters

Kicking Mustang regularly plays at Dragons Lair with Mr Longbow, both are really nice guys. When I first met them there I didn't have a foggiest who they both were, but they were really friendly and helpful and awesome to play with.

I dont know many sites south of the River as I am north, but if your looking for a game up here, hit me up and you can tag along to any of the games we go to:)

13 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Welcome.

nice write up actually, its better than just Hi from London.... well that's what I wrote I think?

I play at Reading the Mall often, next going on the 10th of December. 

In terms of around London; south i'm not to familiar with, but north/north-east (hertfordshire way) you have AWA, Dragons Lair, Red1 CQB and Tech Brigade to name a few. West, I think DogTag is over that way, along with loads of others that I know nothing about because I dont venture out that far yet.

Try going over to the Gaol, that was fantastic, as (biased view) is the Mall. 

:D Thanks for the headsup, I'll take a look at the sites you've mentioned. Some are on my "to play at" list.

9 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Kicking Mustang regularly plays at Dragons Lair with Mr Longbow, both are really nice guys. When I first met them there I didn't have a foggiest who they both were, but they were really friendly and helpful and awesome to play with.

I dont know many sites south of the River as I am north, but if your looking for a game up here, hit me up and you can tag along to any of the games we go to:)

Sounds good to me mate, my better half is a Loughton girl so I know where you mean. Small world isn't it. Cracks me up everytime I see the sign for the "Secret Nuclear Bunker".  Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on it in the New Year. :)

Archived