Anodised Bright red Airsoft rifle RIF or IF?

whynotw4lk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Like the title says, I have my eye on the ASR119x demolition rifle by APS. It is anodised bright red (at least 51% IMO) and black. I do not have a weapon defence  yet (I am 21 though) as I'm trying to get started playing. Will this gun in particular still qualify under law as an IF due to it's colour or an RIF regardless.

Long story short. Can I buy and import it from taiwangun.com because it's red without customs pulling it up?

Will getting them to put my mobile number on the package help resolve any potential issues if customs do pull it up?

Many thanks

Josh

asr119x.JPG

• Supporters

This will be considered two tone and perfectly legal to purchase and import without any defense.

You will still need to pay import & handling fees as you are ordering abroad so take that into consideration before you buy. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Gepard said:

You will still need to pay import & handling fees as you are ordering abroad

"Taiwan"gun are based in Poland, should be fee-free.

Be sure to get them to downgrade it to 330fps / 1J, as at the stock 400fps / 1.6J and full auto, it's technically a lethal barrelled firearm (and also over most/all UK site limits).

It's a lot to dump on a first IF, especially without a battery or charger.  Bear in mind that there are places which will two-tone anything you like for a price (PatrolBase) or free (gunfire.pl).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

"Taiwan"gun are based in Poland, should be fee-free.

Huh.. That's good to know. So how come ordering from Poland makes you exempt from any import taxes as opposed to other countries such as the US or China? I assume it's to do with the EU? I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject. 

yep, its all about the free trade agreement within the eu. it means that vat has already been paid along with the required import fees so you havent got any thing else to cover. for items coming in from outside of the EU such as from USA or china, Vat still has to be paid along with any other fees that hmrc feel like imposing.

• Supporters

Yep, eu based, like us AT THE MOMENT lol, be interesting to see what changes when/if we brexit.

The cynical side of me thinks we just get screwed for import duties on everything, even if its just from across the water in Calais lol.

• Supporters

Economics don't work on optimism,  if you sh*t on the doorstep of the people that supply almost all of your food and consumable goods then things are going to get more expensive! 

1 minute ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

it's always great to see such optimism. :lol:

true true, perhaps I am being a little too optimistic. but I am reserving judgement until closer to the date... I personally don't see any way out of this pickle except dealing with the consequences as they come.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Having to renegotiate every trade deal with the second largest GDP in the world. How could we possibly come out worse?

Nah it's definitely going to be better, we're taking back control and the EU are going to pay us for trade!  We definitely will not have tariffs imposed on us on basically everything. 

• Supporters

As cynical as I am, as a country we import shitloads, & I believe that those who supply us, from the big multinationals to the "one man bands" will still be very keen to trade (& earn) from us, & I don't think they're gonna want to lose that just because some unelected ponce in Brussels is trying to scaremonger us, & potentially other eu states, in to staying together.

on that note, we're going off topic, back on, yep that looks like a two tone to me :).

edit, just seen the small print above ;)

• Head Moderator

Just blame Brexit for everything.  This off topic from the OP, so time to start a new topic instead.

Archived