Brought my first Airsoft gun! Opinions?

JasonFPS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

TBH it wouldn't stop me using it now I'd brought it,perhaps it could be honed and become a weapon of mayhem.

When somone enters a forum and asks for advice "after" purchase then they should be able to appreciate positive and negative feedback,hindsight is a wonderful thing and with respect I don't think there would have been many votes for Nuprol if someone ask for reccomendations.

Live and learn,in a few months the OP will be giving advice like an old hand.

Something that's interesting to see is the difference of opinions between the forums and the facebook groups. On the forums the pretty much universal opinion of Nuprol stuff is it's crap but on the groups I constantly see people telling everyone how great their Nuprol Defender Super Duper Operator 5000 is the best thing ever and that everyone should buy one. I personally avoid Nuprol stuff anyway but I definitely wouldn't bother with any of their guns.

That's social media generally isn't it, "look what I've got it's the nuts" to make everyone think what they have is poo or their life isn't as good haha!

i didn't realise the 5000 model was out already, can't keep up, its like windows updates or the next latest BMW!

• Supporters
15 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I constantly see people telling everyone how great their Nuprol Defender Super Duper Operator 5000 is the best thing ever and that everyone should buy one.

First impressions, or long term reviews?

Seeing as it's usually a picture of the box, and a few words saying how much they're looking forward to taking it to their first game...

• Supporters
  • 1 year later...

I wonder how Jason ever got on with it?

I bought the same gun on the advice of my local shop and my local game site (they use them for hire guns)

I can't fault it, I'm relatively new but I've had no problems. It occasionally seizes but you switch to auto pull the trigger and it's fine again.  

There's good range, FPS around 310/320.

I can't see me sticking with it forever, but if you buy it two tone you save the hire charges for your first few games until you get UKARA. So if you take that saving into account it's like getting it half price and would be a great back up gun for when you move on.

I got a nuprol defender pioneer in a lovely blue as mine and my son's first gun.
I actually only bought it for plinking in the back garden with him.
However, after an afternoon of my and him obliterating cans in the back garden, shooting real people began to appeal, so I booked my first skirmish.
It's a nice light gun with a decent rate of fire and good range.
I got mine for about £110 iirc - and for that money, you can't go far wrong.
It's still working well and my son loves when we shoot with it (He knows it's his, ready for his first skirmish in, oh, I don't know, about 4 years!) 😄 

Well I hope you haven't been scared off Jason.

I hope your defender works out for you.

Unfortunately you came onto a forum with a lot of knowledge and experience and asked for people's opinions on a gun by a manufacturer that don't have the best write-ups.

Archived