Brought my first Airsoft gun! Opinions?

JasonFPS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Lastnight i put an order on my first airsoft gun, now the one i want for was the NUPROL DELTA PIONEER DEFENDER AEG!

here are the Product details:

Fire Selector: Safe, Fully Automatic, Semi
Magazine Capacity: 370 Rounds (High Capacity Magazine)
Feet Per Second (FPS): 330FPS +
Recommendations: •NUPROL 7.4v 1450mAh 30c Crane Stock LiPo Battery
Construction: Full polymer grip and butt stock
Hop Up: Adjustable behind dust cover
Length: 70cm/77cm
Weight: 2kg (without ammo and battery)

https://imgur.com/a/Pjekq

• Head Moderator

@JasonFPS  Please read the forum rules (again), not every topic is General Discussion.  Try and post in a suitable sub-forum; I have moved this to Guns & Gear.

Not heard anything good about Nuprol,but if you did your homework you'll know better than me.I must ask though why Nuprol when there are so many "known" and tried and tested makes available?

• Supporters

Echoing what snuff said, while I've  not YET heard negative reviews on nuprol kit, it is early days & only yesterday I was thinking of how they seemed to have "popped up" from nowhere, but have a massive range already ?.

is it another brand re-branded ?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

My opinion is that I look forward to your next post of: "How to improve range and accuracy on my Nuprol Pioneer?"

With Jedi then reminding you to use the search feature... Again... 

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

My opinion is that I look forward to your next post of: "How to improve range and accuracy on my Nuprol Pioneer?"

With Jedi then reminding you to use the search feature... Again... 

well, for someone starting out of course im gonna wanna know things like that, so calm down, lewis :rolleyes:

• Supporters

19 minutes ago, JasonFPS said:

well, for someone starting out of course im gonna wanna know things like that, so calm down, lewis :rolleyes:

Seems pretty calm to me. The point is that you could get an answer by searching for your topic instead of creating a new thread.

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Seems pretty calm to me. The point is that you could get an answer by searching for your topic instead of creating a new thread.

yeah and if he put it like that id have been fine, im new on all this, id rather be told to just search it up that beong told he'll look forward to me posting stuff thats already on here..

• Supporters

Jason, I'll be honest with you, search Nuprol and you'll get a lot of negative feedback. They are rebranded guns from a plethora of companies, and, from what I have seen, their quality control is sh*t.

We had a guy just like you on site, brand new Nuprol gun that a shop had recommended to him over the G&G cm16, first game out, it stripped the piston, he took it back, second game out, something else broke(don't know what it was as he swapped and didn't find out). At this point we told him to take it back and get a g&g.

If I was you, and I don't mean this to be harsh, but take it back for a refund, and get a g&g to START with. Reason being- Robust, cheap, hold their value well(so you get most of your money back when you know what gun you really want) and the sell like hot cakes because they are so  universally loved.

Before asking anymore questions, take some time to search the forums for your questions, and read the stickies, you'll learn loads, and won't be such a newb(no offence).

The guys/gals on this forum are really knowledgeable, and when they get asked the same sort of question every week, their patience begins to disappear, as I'd hope you could imagine.

Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to tell you, All the best.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

You've already bought it, so you're only after validation.  Happy to oblige.

Ummm.

Tight bore barrel.

Oooh, a bayonet lug!

+ customer services number....

11 hours ago, JasonFPS said:

Lastnight i put an order on my first airsoft gun, now the one i want for was the NUPROL DELTA PIONEER DEFENDER AEG!

here are the Product details:

Fire Selector: Safe, Fully Automatic, Semi
Magazine Capacity: 370 Rounds (High Capacity Magazine)
Feet Per Second (FPS): 330FPS +
Recommendations: •NUPROL 7.4v 1450mAh 30c Crane Stock LiPo Battery
Construction: Full polymer grip and butt stock
Hop Up: Adjustable behind dust cover
Length: 70cm/77cm
Weight: 2kg (without ammo and battery)

https://imgur.com/a/Pjekq

Nuprol get a hard time from a lot of people who have been into Airsoft for any length of time, but there is often good reason for it.

Nuprol don't actually manufacture anything. They are principally an exercise in buying goods as cheaply as possible and rebranding them for sale at as large a mark up as they can. And they're very good at it.

But that's not too say that every Nuprol product is terrible. Some people have purchased items that turn out to be good value, reasonable quality etc. It might be that Nuprol are upping their game and trying to move into a higher quality product...but it has been my experience, along with others that much better products can be had for the same, or in some cases less money.

A case in point is the recommended battery above. For less money I can get a battery that actually delivers the 1450mah it's rated at, rather than the 1000mah the Nuprol offering manages.

I have a Nuprol Delta SOPMOD and its a solid aeg.  Seems to be very consistant and feels great. Its a qualty weapon, shoots at 340fps ánd very accrurate for something which costs a little over £200.  Metal work is good and the cerecote finish is bonus.  Its my first aeg and my end goal is to get a TM recoil aeg...and keep the nuprol as a backup.

• Supporters

Thought cyma were excellent quality (for budget guns), & aren't WE gas only ?, no aegs ?...........

the plot thickens ;)

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Thought cyma were excellent quality (for budget guns), & aren't WE gas only ?, no aegs ?...........

the plot thickens ;)

No, WE make Aegs aswell.

23 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

No, WE make Aegs aswell.

This I can confirm as I have the WE m16 lol it stripped it gears second game and has quite a low fps out of the box. 

And don't WE make that terrible thing with the quick change cylinder assembly that is supposed to allow you to change the fps?

15 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

And don't WE make that terrible thing with the quick change cylinder assembly that is supposed to allow you to change the fps?

Katana I think it's called, it's pretty cool I think

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

the plot thickens ;)

CYMA AKs are acceptable for the price. I wouldn't say they were excellent in any way at all though. Their M4s are really sub par.

• Supporters

Not been near their m4's so dunno, tried someone else's AK (having never owned an AK myself), & thought it was ok, slightly agricultural lol but I thought that was the whole point of a '47.

although I do have a socom m14 from cyma, having previously owned a TM m14, & I've no complaints there.

there was a cyma '74 reviewed in one of the mags recently, all kinda magpulled which does appeal to me though :).

Hi Jason, notice you've gone a bit quiet or just bored of the comments lol!

Anyway we all assume you put your purchase up for advice from experienced players and techs, we are all generally hoping to help by making sure that you don't waste your money and that you enjoy the sport rather than getting pi$$ed cos you had a crap day out and are out of pocket.

Seeing as you have a right as a consumer I think most of us would advise you refuse delivery of the gun when it arrives, that means you don't have to pay return delivery and get a refund or exchange for a better gun.

If I were you I would for the same money buy a proven gun...

If you really dig an M4 style gun get a G&G CM16.

Some of the old school guns have stood the test of time, a great example is a Jing Gong MP5.

I had a look at a few reviews and it doesn't seem that bad for a starter.

Seems better internals than the entry level CYMA.

I'd be interested in your experience with it Jason.

Archived