Buying Two-Tone? Opinions?

JasonFPS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Also generally speaking (assuming you are new to the sport) most of the lower budget guns are readily available two toned, my first a JG MP5A4, stonking gun for £100 btw.

You can always paint em too

• Supporters

Nothing wrong with buying Two Tones although I was willing to wait until my 18th and had a UKARA before I bought my own gun. I hated the look of them and wasn't keen on owning one.

I wouldn't ever 'look down on' somebody as you put it. It's part of the law and we all have to abide by it. If I ever bought one I'd paint it before playing though. 

As others have said, it's not looked down on. It doesn't necessarily scream new guy either, I've seen a number of experienced players using two tone recently for one reason or another. Although if it's something that you yourself don't like the look of, it may be worth just renting until you can get on the UKARA database. Two-tone guns can often have trouble reselling compared to the same gun in RIF form, even if the two-tone has been painted over. 

• Head Moderator

Having a two-tone gun is no real disadvantage and handles and works the same as one without bright paint at a skirmish.  Yes, it can make you a little more visable but it depends where you play.  There are a few sites do not allow two-tone guns but the majority do.

I preferred to rent guns and get my site membership first, then buy a RIF.

Archived