CM16 R8-L Barrel

TheKempyy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

Have an issue with the R8L that I brought recently. It has a thick metal part along the barrel. During it's first skirmish it was just rattling round. Even tried to move it in different positions.

Tonight I took apart the barrel to see if it came loose anywhere. Doesn't seem to fit anywhere I could see.

I'm guessing as the barrel is long that it is there to keep space between the barrel and outer shell. By the pictures it looks like it should lodge itself at the top, it doesn't and just goes back to what you see in the picture.

Any help much appreciated.

Bill

20171126_193322.jpg

20171126_192806.jpg

20171126_192810.jpg

That's the fake gas block. It's only function is to look like a part of the real gun. There's usually a grub screw in the underside to lock it in place.

11 hours ago, Hangtight said:

That's the fake gas block. It's only function is to look like a part of the real gun. There's usually a grub screw in the underside to lock it in place.

Sorry for sounding like a newbie. Because I am one.

Is this the underside of the outer shell? Or along the barrel?

That's a gas block (albeit a fake one, you'd need an FAC for a real one!)

The airsofters magic tool for everything is amalgam tape... or electrical tape.

4 hours ago, TheKempyy said:

I can only see the silver tube that slots in. Can't see where it sits along the barrel.

Look at the bit that's actually loose. You should be able to find the end of a screw somewhere on it, or a threaded hole where a screw should be.

Take a pic of the underside and if it's there I should be able to point it out. If it isn't then it's super glue time!

Archived