AGM MG42 Magazine attachment sheered off

Protegimus13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I recently bought the AGM MG42. The drum magazine fits on the side attached by two metal clips that are both part of one flip up metal piece allowing access to the bb feed. One of these clips has sheered clean off! I dont even have the bit that sheered off to weld back on. Ive been searching for a replacement part online but cant find anything. The piece can be removed and replaced but Im not sure if you can get them?

Does anyone know what this bit is called or if I can get a replacement. Or if there is an alternative fix?

Many thanks (new to airsoft) 

• Supporters

Did you buy from a retailer ?, even a non uk one, should be your first port of call. If bought s/h, then look for a retailer for them, be much easier to follow the supply chain than to track down an obscure part from a rare gun.

It's what I'd do

• Head Moderator

It may be worth including a few photos of the magazine where the part has sheered off.  May help someone identify the part, etc.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Did you buy from a retailer ?, even a non uk one, should be your first port of call. If bought s/h, then look for a retailer for them, be much easier to follow the supply chain than to track down an obscure part from a rare gun.

It's what I'd do

Hmm bought knowing it was damaged, great price but not much use if I cant get the magazine to stay on. I will head to Patrol base my local airsoft shop and see if they can help. I thought about welding the magazine in place but then realised it might be a safety issue when at a skirmish heading back into the safe zones.

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

It may be worth including a few photos of the magazine where the part has sheered off.  May help someone identify the part, etc.

I will pop a picture on when I get home. Thanks for the advice.

Archived