New player from Thetford

Reevy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, I’m Reevy :) (I suck at introductions lol)

I’ll be going to Combat Airsoft (Thetford) for my first airsoft experience even though I do a lot of the backgarden type of airsoft now and then I wanted to start getting into it and going to actual sites near me.

I already have a loadout, just need a primary and secondary so if you have any suggestions I’d like to hear what you recommend.

I run a multicam loadout and looking to get an M4

Most of my gear is from Viper, NUPROL and 8Fields (I guess cheap isn’t always best and i’m not sure how good these brands are but I haven’t seen many bad reviews also the quality seems to be fairly good for the price) 

If you could also recommend some good UK websites to get guns and multicam gear I would greatly appreciate it, I have boots, pants, shirt, jacket, hoodie, plate carrier, helmet, gloves, mesh mask, goggles, combat belt, dump pouch, hydration bladder, backpack so pretty much have a full loadout just looking for good UK websites for when I decide to get better gear in the future.

Cant wait to start getting into this sport and i’ll be spending a lot more time on here and look forward to meeting some new people :)

• Supporters

Welcome! Don't worry about what you bring to your first game. Honestly some food, water, extra money and a maybe a flask of tea to warm you up after a round will do nicely. You definitely don't need to rock up looking like a navy seal in order to fit in. ;)

There's dozens of threads with lots of good advice in this section alone, but I'd recommend reading some of the pinned posts if you're looking for some help. 

The CM16 is a good entry level M4. It's what I started off with and it still serves me well today. Sidearms are fun but I'd advise putting that money into a better primary as they typically don't get used much as a secondary. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) posts in each section.  They contain some useful advice and information.  With a little effort the search tool is your friend, 3 character minimum length, and read through the results to see what other topics there have been which may help..

What is your budget?  That will help with suggestions, for examples I like TM guns so would recommend their range of recoil M4 / 416 at £500.

• Moderators

Welcome

i occasionally play at Combat Airsoft, nice woodland site

best facilities I’ve had at an airsoft site :D

Hey, it sounds as if you have most of what you need all ready.

I will say that if your going to that site, don't take your opinion of that place as what every site is like. I used toplay there a year and a half ago, but stopped going due to staff not adhering to basic safety guidelines, and poor marshalling.

I go to battlestations, you should check it out if you like cqb. Or combat action games north of Norwich that's woodland as well and a great friendly crowd.

2 hours ago, Ujustgotsarged said:

I will say that if your going to that site, don't take your opinion of that place as what every site is like. I used toplay there a year and a half ago, but stopped going due to staff not adhering to basic safety guidelines, and poor marshalling.

I go to battlestations, you should check it out if you like cqb. Or combat action games north of Norwich that's woodland as well and a great friendly crowd.

I use to live near Eaton park in Norwich, would’ve been perfect if I still did because I could get there easier, transport is a bit of an issue for me sadly otherwise i’d be there as much as I could ;) 

Well I live in gorleston near great Yarmouth, so I'm afraid I can't help, but honestly put a message on there Facebook page, honestly, they are a great bunch of guys and will help out if they can, if you ever want to go to either.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Ujustgotsarged said:

isnt that like £20 for 2 hours?....doesn't seem like value for money compared to other sites??

Do they not do full day games for £25 walkon? etc??

GMA use site near Norwich, new location (the old one was moved), well they did but cant remember the name now:lol:

Hey if you mean battlestations, the website is confusing. £11 for half day and £22 for full day extra £5 for rental. And I think cag is £15 for half day and £25 for full day, walk-ons. I will say cag don't really do food so take lunch but battlestations do a good lunch deal.

• Moderators

yeah thats what it read!.:lol:

so £22 for full day, cool, I like the half day option as well as sometimes, its all im allowed to do!  :) 

Archived