1-4x optics

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

there are a few ok clones around such as acogs, elcans and elcan spectres and they are fixed 4x scopes. these seem to be ok but are made in china to a budget and are imported by companies like nuprol. In my experience I have found that these clones can be a bit on the fragile side.

alternatively there is always the vision king short dot which looks pretty sweet on longer barreled SPRs, mk12s etc and a lot of users seem to recommend them.

have a look at the short dot here.

I hope that helps a little, there are obviously other options out there as well if you just have a Google. :)

I would not recommend an acog. Every m3 scope ist better even if they doesn t look that good on a m4. NC star vism short dots, or short dots in general (no sutter) are by far the best optics. Eotech or aimpoint clones with magnifier would make a good alternative. 

6 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

there are a few ok clones around such as acogs, elcans and elcan spectres and they are fixed 4x scopes. these seem to be ok but are made in china to a budget and are imported by companies like nuprol. In my experience I have found that these clones can be a bit on the fragile side.

alternatively there is always the vision king short dot which looks pretty sweet on longer barreled SPRs, mk12s etc and a lot of users seem to recommend them.

have a look at the short dot here.

I hope that helps a little, there are obviously other options out there as well if you just have a Google. :)

I was looking for one that would look good on the new G&G CM16 raider 2.0

most of the good looking ones can’t be exported from the US.

Thanks for the help

i was looking at this on patrol base, do you know anything about it?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/acm-25-10x40-scope-with-red-laser-black.htm#.Whg-OnqnyhD

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/bsa-advanced-1-4x24-illuminated-center-dot-riflescope/

At that price it's a bargain. Bright, clear image all the way to the edge,  goes a bit 'fishbowl' at full magnification if the eye relief isn't quite right but excellent up to 3x.

gc2tZGl.jpg

1x...

6cDJ8WE.jpg

2.5x

vu16tgL.jpg

For scale. It's got it's lens cap on...

regarding the ACM 2.5-10x scope with the laser, I have heard mainly positive things about them and they look like reasonable optics but I have never actually used one myself. In fact I haven't really heard anything bad about them, but then someone who actually owns one may be able to give more insight. on a side note I am personally a little cautious about lasers in general so it may be worth checking your site rules on that front.

however as hangtight points out, often even basic real steel or air rifle scopes will be better value for money than the airsoft equivalent.

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I have an Specter DR clone I bought from Rifleworks that is very good, 1x and 4x mag

Did you put the mini rds on the top yourself? On the picture on the rifle works site it doesn’t look like you could do that

• Supporters

Oh, whatever you get, I'd highly recommend fitting a sight protector.  I had my holo sight shot out repeatedly, incrementally and comprehensively over the course of a couple of games. Lesson learned.

16 hours ago, LukeD763 said:

Did you put the mini rds on the top yourself? On the picture on the rifle works site it doesn’t look like you could do that

They all have threaded holes for a mount, I added the mount and red dot, but you can buy it with as well.

Archived