Winter gear and guns

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Dose anyone change there load out/guns for winter this will be my first winter and just wanted to no what other people do. I no has guns don't work very well In the cold any other tips ?? 

• Head Moderator

Some players will change their loadout, or at least modify it.  If you want to know more about what everyone does then try a search on "winter" or similar term and read through the results, i.e.

Gas is less effective when cold, and gas magazines will generally suffer more cool down in lower temperatures.

• Supporters

Thermal layers, gloves.. I sometimes swap out my helmet for a nice warm beanie. Honestly running about all day keeps me warm on it's own. It's the down time where it gets cold. Then again a nice cup of tea warms me right up. 

It hasn't snowed in about 2 years so no swapping out camos. As @Jedi_Master mentioned gas guns suffer in the cold so I don't run a pistol in the winter. Too much hassle and I hardly use it anyway. 

I barely change anything..

In winter I run my chest rig, belt and full bdu.

In summer I only run my belt and a t-shirt or a lighter bdu..

I run around a lot so I don't really need warm clothing..

I run gas all year round. I’m terms of clothing, warm boots/ socks and gloves I’ve found make the most difference. I picked up some lowa z8n gtx boots and some mechanix gloves, and it makes one hell of a difference being comfy for 8 hours outside. Having damp feet and blue fingers is no fun. In terms of guns... if it’s sub zero, I’d run Mapp gas, otherwise propane works just fine. I’ve seen people use those gel hand warmers in their plate carriers to keep mags warm. 

Also, if it's freezing cold I use some really thin silk glove liners (or undergloves, or whatever, small thin gloves that go between your skin and the gloves), a thin lycra OD balaclava and some wool socks..

It's rare to be playing in sub zero temperatures here though, in all my airsoft career it happened only twice but the games were so fast pace and with little to no break in between that we never had the chance to "freeze our asses off"

Archived