CYMA CM.515 M4A1 Carbine

Ashley.cogger
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a new air soft player and wanted peoples opinions on the CYMA CM.515 M4A1 Carbine as my first gun from what I've seen it is sturdy and has a good amount of rail space while being accurate everything I would like for my first primary. But this is not first world experience so I wanted to reach out to you guys to see of I could get some oppinons  from people who have owned it or who know about it 

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

Lewis is Jesus now :D

I'll get the hammer and nails ;)

• Supporters

Mine reliably shoots BBs at ~330fps in the direction that it's being pointed with consistent backspin, and can overhop 0.25g.  Long range accuracy could be a little better, but it's a Fiesta, not a Ferrari.  It'll do the job, assuming you get a good 'un.

• Supporters
On 11/23/2017 at 5:12 PM, L3wisD said:

@Sitting Duck is a fan of his. So much so he got two!

Plus got the 517 aka Raider clone (good model to copy btw)

These cheapo Cyma M4's are like ye olde MFI pre Ikea furniture

(yes Made for F*cking Idiots I know)

But I mean they as cheap as chips, couldn't buy the wood or parts for the price

and if looked after they will last you well

Yeah, we could call these the Cyma Mfi 4's if you wish

They are alright in my book if funds are really tight and you can't quite afford a G&G or something

Slightly qwirky but they offer perhaps best value M4 under £100

3 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

cheapo Cyma M4's are like ye olde MFI pre Ikea furniture

(yes Made for F*cking Idiots I know

First how old are you ? And  second I, sir, am no idiot....I have paper work from the doctor to prove it! Lol

The only reason I'd want something 'better' would be to have metal body but not worth changing until it breaks.

Does a G&G CM16 really shoot better???

Some reviews I've seen clock them around 300fps which is less than my CYMA.

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The only reason I'd want something 'better' would be to have metal body but not worth changing until it breaks.

Does a G&G CM16 really shoot better???

Some reviews I've seen clock them around 300fps which is less than my CYMA.

FPS isn't everything, the G and G can still shoot better with 30 less FPS.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

First how old are you ? And  second I, sir, am no idiot....I have paper work from the doctor to prove it! Lol

50 years young, got into this peew peew coz of my 14 year old army cadet COD dolphin diving kid a few years back

Now 18 chasing girls & boy racer wanaabe tw*t & knows it all - usual stuff (I'm only jealous coz I was exact same)

25 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

FPS isn't everything, the G and G can still shoot better with 30 less FPS.

I'd lay money that is mainly down to the G&G's superior green bucking - that is about £9 on its own

Then again a Tokyo Marui kicks ar$e @ 300fps - just setup better I guess

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Is there a video where someone compares the G&G cm16 vs CYMA cm515/506 and even Nuprol?

That would be really interesting but I can't find one :(

Well I ain't doing one - hate having my picture taken and most reviews on YouTube are twats spending 10 minutes getting the f*cking thing out of the box praising how high quality it all is - ahh the "feel the quality, full metal (plastic)" JBBG JambWow vids :D

(loved the way he can use a whole 5,000 bb's to fill a 450rnd mag spilling most of it on the floor (best place for his bb's))

Besides if you do review you got rip the product some $hit coz nothing is ever perfect

(trouble is I go to town a bit too much some times)

PLUS - the way I rant on any vid would be like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter coz I'd have to split it up into so many parts

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I never watch 'unboxing' vids.  WTF is the point of that...!?!?!

Just want to see factual videos addressing the questions we all have.

There are some good videos out there of course but they focus on the more expensive weapons...

• Supporters

Simply put - Cyma is best under £100 M4 out there

(or one of the best)

heck how about £60 for one:

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152216180-SRT-28-Assault-Rifle-Replica-Tan.html

That is half the price of a G&G & you don't get battery for shelling out £120 or so

Nuprol - seems good but the microswitch should have a mosfet

ASG think comes with mosfet & stuff looked decent - tried to buy one but my UKARA has expired

Classic Army seem to have upped their game though, 9mm bushings, rotary hop, QD spring, mosfet

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-guns/classic-army-m4-12-mlock-rail-black-aeg-2

ooooh now this looks a real possible G&G beater all at that silly price

here is what might be inside btw....

under £100 - probably around the £85 mark - Cyma if funds are tight

once you get over that most likely G&G but the new Classic Army is looking like it has raised the bar now

I like the insides - looks like it would need very little tweaking at all tbh

Though G&G receivers & their bucking are second to none

End of the day - any one will do ya proud

it is not so much the gun but the player who kicks ar$e

(or gets his ar$e kicked by that 12 year old kid with that JBBG special plinker in my case)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

its plastic and not worth investing too much money into

How so?

Mine is shooting at a very consistent ~330fps.  I could squeeze it closer to 350 with a cheap spring change (I've already radiused the gearbox for £0 cost).

If I wanted a fancy hop-up unit and a tightbore barrel, why would I first spend more to get a heavier gun then put the very same hop-up and barrel in it?  Would the BB know to be more accurate because there's a metal body wrapped around the blowgun?

OK, if I wanted some obscene ROF I wouldn't get it out of the CYMA motor and gearbox, but I don't.

I'm really not sure where the idea is coming from that it's not worth replacing the internals (the bits that matter) inside a cheap shell.  It's not like upgrading a more expensive shell is an investment, you're likely to lose even more money in absolute terms when you try to sell it on.

Convince me, why shouldn't I replace (e.g.) the barrel and hop in my CYMA?

• Supporters

I don’t think that’s the consensus around upgrading cheaper guns as a base @Rogerborg, I think the reason the guys say don’t put to much into a cheap shell is with a slightly more expensive gun you won’t have to replace EVERYTHING to get the gun working it’s best. 

For example, the JG cylinder is very good and doesn’t need replacing for something more expensive to get the best results. 

Its like everything, you can put a Subaru engine in a classic beetle. It’s still a classic beetle, just goes like stink. 

Its a cost saving exercise in the end, if you want to spend fortunes on upgrading a base gun, no one will stop you, but if you try upgrading a high end gun( TM recoil for example) You won’t have to spend much to get it excellent.(if anything)

Archived