Leftover mystery part after cleaning G&G T418

Airsoftenthusiast
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Edit - SOLVED

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone on here will know what this part is that fell out of the bottom of my AEG. I had stripped the gun down for the first time and cleaned the gearbox re-lubed etc but when I went to put the gearbox back into the lower frame of the gun I'm wiggling it a bit as it is a tight fit and then this part drops down and I didnt recognise it as something I had removed while cleaning earlier. I have no idea where it came from or if it has any significant purpose to the gun so I'm worried whether or not I should continue putting it back together without this part. Any help would be appreciated.

20171123_153112.jpg

Its a retaining clip but can't tell you where it came from.

I can say that since it was in there then you'll definitely need it so

DON'T try to run it without sorting that out first.

Look for an exploded view like this one but higher res.

(I think its the piece shown above the grip)

• Supporters

Hi mate, its part or part TR4-18-25.

Its the retaining clip that goes over the rear body pin on the lower receiver that stops the pin from coming out all of the way when you push it through.

Not a necessary piece but a nice addition

31 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Hi mate, its part or part TR4-18-25.

Its the retaining clip that goes over the rear body pin on the lower receiver that stops the pin from coming out all of the way when you push it through.

Not a necessary piece but a nice addition

Thank you very much for the answer, I have refitted it now nice one mate :)

Archived