Aeg fuses, do you need them?

Needs help
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've baught myself an army armament R85A1 and when I got the gun, the fuse was broken, I know the fuse is basically a safety precaution but I was wondering what kind of battery should I use when not using a fuse. 

A flat battery...

Seriously, use a fuse. If it's got one of the fragile glass ones, get down Halfords and buy a blade type fuse holder and the appropriate fuse. Cheap, and much better than your gun trying to set itself alight. If you get a short the battery will just dump as much current as it can supply until it destroys itself (fire /explosion) or burns the short away(doesn't usually happen. Insulation melts and it gets worse) ...bad, bad, very not good.

• Supporters

It's to prevent the user to burn the motor or break the gears.

Almost always when the gun stops firing the user spams the trigger a few times, then long pull it. This is when the motor burns or the gears or piston break if there is no fuse.

This is the physical equivalent of "WHAT?" so it's almost impossible not to do it.

Archived