Made in Japan? Sig Sauer C02 P320 pistols.

Defender90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know where these are made? I've been tempted by one of these but doubt the reliability.

It's P226 brother is very like a short lived and unreliable Japanese made ASG CZ P-09 I owned: same magazine, same controls in the same place performing the functions etc. So I'd guess they share the same internals, and likely the same Japanese manufacturer as the other Umarex and Gamo pistols that also use the double ended magazine. 

The MPX and MCX rifles from the same range have "Made in Japan" on the side.

It could be that the various SIG C02 are made in separate places but I'd guess that for economies of scale they have all their C02 guns in made the same place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 5:48 PM, Cutrimson said:

That's an air pistol not an Airsoft pistol?

Correct. Although I suspect it is made by an airsoft company and, if I'm correct, I wonder who. Probably a Japanese one I suspect, although I could be wrong on that.

A bloke who sells them was apparently trying to tell me that they were made by Sig themselves which is obviously... erm, less than completely accurate shall we say and indeed my local gunshop (which also sells them) readily agreed that clearly no gunsmith went near something made of pot metal using C02 as a propellant.

Interesting little detective story for my leisure time so I thought I'd crowdsource it and I figure the AFUK crowd is most likely to know.

• Head Moderator

A website for Sig Sauer sells them for $120 https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-air-pistol.html

And the same website sells the real steel version for $800-1k, so it could be made by the genuine company. I will let the detectives do the research.

17 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

A website for Sig Sauer sells them for $120 https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-air-pistol.html

And the same website sells the real steel version for $800-1k, so it could be made by the genuine company. I will let the detectives do the research.

A lot cheaper than the real steel for sure!

there is indeed stuff on the internet saying it's made by the real steel firm but honestly no way that thing is made by Sig. Official product with their name on it, yes. But made by gun smiths, no.

Most likely a "creative" definition of the words "produced by".

I don't have huge experience with firearms but I've handled and fired enough shotguns, rifles and even pistols since childhood that I can tell the difference between tool steel and pot metal alloy. The gunshop guys concurred immediately.

So my feeling is it's most likely made in Japan by the same company that makes the ASG P09 C02 pellet pistol and the Gamo PT85 but beyond that I just can't tell, most likely to be an airsoft manufacturer though don't you think?

Archived