Improving the air seal on WE 18c?

plasticnoob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just picked up this WE 18c last week. I prefer it over the TM 18c right now due to the grip, the GEN 4 feels much better than the GEN 3. The thing I don't like about it so far is that gas drains quickly. I can't finish a magazine on it, the Bump stick 50 rounders don't last but 30 rounds. I am looking at improving the air seal as fast as possible. I currently have a Maple leaf hop up unit, Nine ball bucking on hand that I am installing and a nine ball TBB coming in the mail. 

we18gc.jpg

• Supporters

I had the same problem with my WE G18. If I remember correctly all I did was put some silicone grease on the seals in the magazines and it worked fine after that. 

If your blasting away at full auto (Are you?) in this current cold spout, I'm not surprised your gas efficiency is dismal.

Firstly. As I mentioned, are you going full auto expecting to get through the whole 50 rounds? What gas are you using? Are you correctly filling the magazine?

You need to use short sharp bursts, and allow the mag to warm back up for a few seconds. Does the gun clear (slide locks back) a 25rd magazine?

I'm actually based in the US, this forums seems more active so I joined it.

Im using propane, it was 50-60 degrees the day I was playing and I am using tokyo Marui magazines and not just we magazines.

yes it clears but only when there's gas it seems to last longer on semi. I was blasting outside today and it worked a full dump on a standard magazine of 25 rounds. I'm abusing the gun already lol.  I am holding the gas done, never did short pumps in my life on any gas magazine. Maybe different for th I 18c because it's auto? I did notice the piston head was loose when I pulled the loading nozzle all the way open. Going take the gun a part later and check on that..

I have not had these problems with my other gas guns. 

I hate TM mags, I’ve never got them to work properly, I always switch to WE with my Glocks.

Similar issue to OP, rapid firing them drains the gas too fast for my liking

rdb

Because using full auto uses more gas and cools down the mag faster causing cool down. This the poor gas efficiency. If you shot at a steady pace on semi you’ll do much better on gas

Archived