first timer hampshire

chrisbb
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You don't need anything first time out just rent.

Never understood people who buy kit when they have no clue if they will even like the game. Gear is also very much dependent on what suits how you play which you won't know until you have played a few times.

As for sites what part of Hampshire and do you want indoor cqb or running round in the woods?

• Supporters

Welcome. I'd recommend going down and using some of the rental kit before you go out and buy your own gear. No point spending silly money on something you may not even like. 

I'd bring water, food, extra money and some kneepads if you have any. 

only thing I bought when I first started was a full face mask, as I didn't really want use the ones on site that smell/had other people sweating in (hygiene point) other then that as above rent the gear. Places i'd recommend for Hampshire sites are the two I go to regularly which is South Coast CQB (that's at lee-on Solent) and UCAP Bunker just outside of Portsmouth, quite dark though as its an old WW2 bunker so I would take a torch for that one.   

Agree with Sharpe, eye and face protection is the first priority.

Rental masks tend to be lower quality and likely to fog up (in current weather) so do some research into eye-pro or mesh goggles.

If you're in the North of Hampshire there's Gunman Eversley.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  My first few games were at the UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth, CQB in very dark WW2 tunnels. I have heard good things about Iron Sight in Andover.  Try typing "Hampshire" into the search tool, it has a 3 character minimum length, and read through the results. There should be some topics to help you.

i live in Southampton and there a few places around me that are all very good and all very much different

mentioned before u have UCAP they have a few sites

south coast cqb

ground zero

ambush adventures I haven't played there in a long time so cant say what it like anymore

combat south

but be handy to no wear about in Hampshire you live

• Supporters
On 11/25/2017 at 11:14 PM, chrisbb said:

thanks for all the advice ......im in Portsmouth so I'm thinking of trying some where this week 

If you're in Portsmouth then Southcoast CQB at Browndown camp is a good site to try out! https://www.southcoast-cqb.co.uk/

Archived