Noob in plymouth

Frankie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, I just had my first skirmish last week and was immediately hooked! 

I’m completely new to all of this and have loads to learn by the looks of it. I’m looking forward to chatting to you guys and hopefully having a skirmish with some of you. 

Are there any any of you guys near Plymouth? Also if so do you know anywhere around this area where I could go and possibly look at guns, once I have the relevant licenses needed to get one?

many thanks

• Supporters

Welcome! There's plenty of people in Plymouth that I've seen active on the forum so you'll be sure to find some new people to play with.

Playing 3 games in no less than 2 months and you can sign up for UKARA (if 18+) which is a defense which can be used to purchase Real Imitation Firearms (RIFs) which are fully black. If you want to get your own before then (or under 18) it will have to be in Two Tone. 51% will be painted in a bright colour. (red, green, blue, etc). 

Have a look at some of the pinned posts. They are great for helping new players understand the basics of Airsoft. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Head Moderator
23 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Real Imitation Firearms (RIFs) which are fully black. If you want to get your own before then (or under 18) it will have to be in Two Tone. 51% will be painted in a bright colour. (red, green, blue, etc). 

RIF is any gun that looks realistic, i.e. not bright colour two-tone.  Under 18 cannot buy any airsoft gun.  If you are over 18 but without a defence, i.e. airsoft site membership, then you can only buy a two-tone gun.

• Head Moderator

Most site membership is achieved by 3 visits at the same site in no less than 2 months.  Game 1 is day one, game 2 whenever, and game 3 no sooner than 2 months (56-60 days depending on site) after game 1. 

Not all airsoft sites are UKARA ones but you should still be able to get the paperwork signed/stamped by them and then you take or post it to a retailer in the scheme to get added to the database.

[And there is no airsoft licence]

Cool thank you for all your help. I did message my local police force to find out what I need to do to be able to buy a gun but they had never heard of an Airsoft gun and didn’t know what I needed to do. It didn’t fill me with confidence. 

• Supporters

Local Authorities not knowing what Airsoft is? Wow. They should get informed at least. 

Mine love it. They took a bunch of kids down to our local site for a day trip the other week. 

Archived