Fixing a seized gearbox

Dan_uk86
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking round for some cheap m4's and i came across one that does not fire and the gears are seized.

this is going for 80 pound and i was wanting to know how easy would it be to fix? or would getting a better gearbox be the best option?

I have been looking round for some cheap m4's and i came across one that does not fire and the gears are seized.

this is going for 80 pound and i was wanting to know how easy would it be to fix? or would getting a better gearbox be the best option?

Hi mate if u go to www.airsoftupgrade.co.uk email rich he will help you and if u wamt him to he can sort it at a very reasonable rate ie clean up, reshim etc u may have a motor issue or a tooth in the gear. Thats ure best bet he is very good

I have never heard of a gearbox sezing like.... Prob just something stuck in it.... if your conferdent enough you could just open her up and see...

Google Mechbox.com first though becuse if you have never done it before there are some safty issues you need to address frist

Otherwise happy... erm.... gearboxing?

id want a working gun for £80, by time you strip it, get the replacements parts, bevel gear, motor pinion and poss anti reverse latch at least youve added another £20odd, but you can get a element v2 box for about £45+

I already seen the vid to unjamming the gears. but for 80 pound im still unsure. i wouldnt mind getting it and having a go at fixing it myself. but realisticly if its a big job that may in the end require more money i may aswell save up and get a full working one with out battery seeing as it will be cheaper and i have one i can use being delivered.

I already seen the vid to unjamming the gears. but for 80 pound im still unsure. i wouldnt mind getting it and having a go at fixing it myself. but realisticly if its a big job that may in the end require more money i may aswell save up and get a full working one with out battery seeing as it will be cheaper and i have one i can use being delivered.

I have an original gear kit for the m4 for £15 plus p&p

when i bought my m733 i upgraded it with a systema kit so all original parts are still new

gearkit.th.jpg

I managed to get it reduced to just £68! i have had the thing open and had a good look at all the parts ( 8 hours+!!) for my first time id say ive learnt alot i have had the gears aligned and firing but they lock up soon after. i dont have enough shims to better adjust the gears or bushings or any grease to place on the gears.

Thanks for all the help guys

but i have managed to get it working. only problem i have now is when i fire on semi the trigger does not reset where i have to push it back in place to fire again.

but for £68 for a SRC m4a1 i cant complain!

Thanks again!

Archived